help me get a hatchback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love my mazda 3 hatch. I have been diving with it a few times. I had full gear for three people plus the 3 people in it. (Kind of packed but it managed).

Diver Dennis:
The old AMC Pacer. See look at the girls you could pick up with that car Andy!

is that like, a snake around her neck?

dude, cool!

both the Mazda 3 and the VW Rabbit made my initial list ... but i figured i'd cut off at $13,000 MSRP as a savings meassure

Amberjack:
I had an Accent - it is indeed small and not terribly peppy (no passing on a hill, that's for sure) but really reliable - a good quality car. I was happy enough with it that it was replaced with another Hyundai.

We just purchased a Pontiac Vibe - also a hatchback.

cool, good to know!

the Vibe does look very attractive, but it's over my MSRP cap =(

Well she is a bit kinky but beautiful! :D

SCUBAJENNIFER:
What about the Honda Fit...it gets like 40 MPG

yup, also made my initial list, but it's just above the $13,000 MSRP cut-off ...

hmmm.. .maybe i should reconsider based on MPG

thanks!

It's only a little above 13...I'd much rather pay a little more for a Honda than a Hynudai...Just my opinion though

actually, that is a great point

Based on your list I would choose the Nissan. Remember, you will be diving doubles in the caves, along with stage and deco bottles. Oh, and don't forget the scooter eventually. You'll need a car that can carry all that weight. Personally, I'd look at a minivan - a little bigger, stronger engine, and still decent gas mileage. Or maybe a small pick up with a camper on it.

You missed the Scion xA.

Also, if you want more space and decent handling, you could probably get a Ford Focus down to your price range.

I'd personally go for an '03 Civic Si or Element depending on whether sport or space was more important.

Back
Top Bottom