Help Me Decide if the travel expense is worth it.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is the claim for?
More a complaint than a claim [same form] , just poor service for the extra money spent.
I have received receipt of the 'claim'.

"Thank you for your query. We will respond as quickly as possible.

For your reference, a summary of the information you submitted appears below: "
The Emirates team.

Edit: I will leave it here and try to stay on topic.

Business Class? What's that? Is it better than Premium Economy?
Premium economy is like economy was before the budget airlines model took off and every airline cut service and expense to the bone

Business and First class on long haul are completely different experience, think true 5 star hotel vs dodgy out of town motel.

Premium economy is like economy was before the budget airlines model took off and every airline cut service and expense to the bone

Business and First class on long haul are completely different experience, think true 5 star hotel vs dodgy out of town motel.

Private jet vs First class? What’s that? Is it better than first class?

I've never known anyone to describe their 24 hour journey to an overseas destination as "enjoyable" no matter what seat they bought.

We just returned from a 3-week trip around the world. We crossed 416 degrees of longitude and spent roughly 100 hours flying or sitting around airline lounges during layovers. Visited Europe, Singapore, and Indonesia (including an 11-day dive cruise near Papua).

Business class the entire way, and the trip was actually quite enjoyable.

We ate well, got plenty of rest and sleep, and were pampered the entire time. Gourmet meals, hot steamed towels at regular intervals for clean up, sleep masks, slippers, toiletries, and a continuous supply of water and drinks with frequent top offs. Singapore Airlines is amazing and they have the best business class that I have personally experienced. The Singapore staff will actually make your bed with a pillow and duvet and then tuck you in!!!! LOL

The low point in the trip was the layover in the domestic terminal in Jakarta (terrible food and no lounge), and a couple of 3-hour overnight domestic Jakarta flights in economy class. I had the unpleasant reminder of what it's like to be packed in small seats like sardines, served food in sealed plastic bags, some big guy next to me taking up half my space, and having a sore neck from trying to sleep. We arrived in the spice islands exhausted, and went straight to bed at the hotel.

AFAIAC the question that @divergirlLinda raised has TWO answers ie go for it or go somewhere else.
NO right/wrong.

Dodgers has just signed a player for $700 millions!!! Only time will tell if it was a failure or success. But in the mean time everyone stood in awe.

We all have different opinions on literally everything. Life move on.

The destination is your choice. As far as flying is concerned, I always fly business class nowadays when I am flying overseas. For me, it's worth it. Here's why:

1. You can check two 70 pound bags for free.

2. You board first and get served free food and alcoholic beverages before the plane leaves the gate.

3. You have more overhead space than you can use.

4. You have lots of space in your seat pod.

5. You can lie flat and sleep. Really sleep.

6. You can use the airline lounges before the flight. And during the layover. For free.

7. You can take a free shower in the airline lounges.

8. Airline lounges have free beer and wine.

9. Airline lounges have a free buffet.

10. Airline lounges have big seats with plenty of electrical outlets and USB ports, and fast Wi-Fi.

11. Your luggage gets priority handling and never gets lost.

12. During the flight you get served a couple of gourmet meals, and there's plenty of free alcoholic beverages too.

13. Airline lounges have airline representatives on site to help with with itinerary changes.

All of these things make traveling long distances very enjoyable, relaxing, and worry free. You arrive at your destination refreshed and ready to go.
Exactly

We just returned from a 3-week trip around the world. We crossed 416 degrees of longitude and spent roughly 100 hours flying or sitting around airline lounges during layovers. Visited Europe, Singapore, and Indonesia (including an 11-day dive cruise near Papua).

We ate well, got plenty of rest and sleep, and were pampered the entire time. Gourmet meals, hot steamed towels at regular intervals for clean up, sleep masks, slippers, toiletries, and a continuous supply of water and drinks with frequent top offs. Singapore Airlines is amazing and they have the best business class that I have personally experienced. Business class of U.S. carriers can't compare to the business class cabins of foreign air carriers. The Singapore staff will actually make your bed with a pillow and duvet and then tuck you in!!!! LOL

The low point in the trip was the layover in the domestic terminal in Jakarta (terrible food and no lounge), and a couple of 3-hour overnight domestic Jakarta flights in economy class. I had the unpleasant reminder of what it's like to be packed in small seats like sardines, served food in sealed plastic bags, some big guy next to me taking up half my space, and having a sore neck from trying to sleep.
Exactly II

IMO, business class is totally worth the expense, particularly on legs >6h. Much of the rationale has already been explained, but for me the flight comfort is part of the dive vacation. However, you also shouldn't necessarily put yourself in a poorhouse just to fly in travel in comfort. If you haven't done so already, get a credit card that has good travel benefits, and use it to auto-pay your daily life expenses (utilities, food, gas, etc.). I'm always amazed how quickly the points add up. Then, get strategic in using those points.
Yup. That’s what I do. Platinum

Not sure where people are going to or from that have a choice of airports but certainly not my destinations. And I prefer the tangible of dollars, thousands of dollars. Most of the niceties can be purchased for a tiny fraction of the cost difference for Business. Lounge access can be bought. Lots of decent food and beverages at airport restaurants. Some airports have airside hotels where you could get a room with a private shower and bed for under $200. When I fly overseas on Turkish or EVA I get fed several meals, more than I can even eat. With all the money I save I can spend several more nights at my destination and really be refreshed before diving.

Went to Sharm last month and by flying economy over business I saved enough to pay for an entire two week vacation in the Caribbean. No matter which seat you're in, flying is not fun. I'd rather suck it up for a 13 hour flight tan spend thousands in a futile attempt to make it less burdensome. We don't all fly every month for work.
I know travelers like you…I am the opposite. “Whatever works” is my philosophy.

We ate well, got plenty of rest and sleep, and were pampered the entire time. Gourmet meals, hot steamed towels at regular intervals for clean up, sleep masks, slippers, toiletries, and a continuous supply of water and drinks with frequent top offs. Singapore Airlines is amazing and they have the best business class that I have personally experienced. The Singapore staff will actually make your bed with a pillow and duvet and then tuck you in!!!! LOL

The low point in the trip was the layover in the domestic terminal in Jakarta (terrible food and no lounge), and a couple of 3-hour overnight domestic Jakarta flights in economy class. I had the unpleasant reminder of what it's like to be packed in small seats like sardines, served food in sealed plastic bags, some big guy next to me taking up half my space, and having a sore neck from trying to sleep. We arrived in the spice islands exhausted, and went straight to bed at the hotel.

Curious to know the $$$$ you spent on such travels.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom