Help me choose the right Coz Dive op for us...

Who should we dive with???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi:
K,

Yeh, unfortunately we have e-mail glitches around here sometimes and I don't know until it's too late in some cases. My endorsement for those guys is an honest one! I actually dive with them when I take a day off...so I can be pampered by someone else...haha! I just never get days off anymore, which is a good problem to have :) The only disadvantage for me with you diving with them is that you'll never leave them, they really are good. I didn't mention this previously, but when I cannot accommodate people, Careyitos is one of the shops I recommend. I'm sorry again for the failed communications!

Christi:
Just for you to know, I also sent you an email to the address and got the auto back and no email response..that's why I PMed you and did get your response.

Hi,
I would highly reccommend Careyitos. I did my very first dives after my OW Cert with Careyitos last June and they all I can say is that they are awesome. I have never dived with the others you listed so I can't comment on their operations. I have had the opportunity to dive with several other operations on the island and they did not compare to Careyitos.
The reasons I like Careyitos so much 1) they usually have 3 DM in the water even with small groups and as a novice I really felt safe 2) the DM's and the crew are extremely friendly 3) you are able to dive until you get to 500 psi regardless of the air consumption of others so you can get extended bottom times. 4) they are very laid back (if you are looking to speed out to the dive site, short surface interval, and race back to the dock by noon this is NOT the dive op for you) the surface interval is usually about 90 minutes with a nice lunch of sandwich, fruit, excellent fresh guac and drinks. I usually got back to my hotel around 2:30-3:00. 5)nice covered boat which is not usually crowded.
I am actually going back and diving with them next week :) and I can't wait. Hope that helps,
Steve

Steven-
Thanks for the info on Careyitos. Makes me feel good to know that you had such a great experience with them since we've already booked our 4 dive days with them for our trip!

A big THANK YOU to everyone for taking the time to reply and help us choose the dive op for our trip! I'll try to return and do a trip report when we get back!

Don't know if you have made reservations yet, but Blue Angel is an excellent dive operation and are great with new divers. I went with them when I had only a few dives and my 19 year old son was a new diver. They are very attentive with new divers and always made me feel very comfortable.

Just got back today and we dove with Xtabay Divers all week. We Had Pepe as our Dm and he was very thorough. Our first dive was a check out dive without him telling us. He wanted to see how we were in the water. After that it was our call as to where we wanted to go. He was great entertainment on the boat on our SI also. I would deffinatley use them again.

Dive Safe

Butch :dazzler1:

goofygirl:
My husband and I are going to Coz April 17-24th!!!! We're sooo excited to get back underwater! We're newbies. We just got our OW certification in Oct. on our honeymoon so this will only be our second dive trip.

Just to give you all an idea of our experience level-
We logged about 8-10 dives on our honeymoon, so we're still a little green around the gills, but we're not air hogs (gotta love Yoga!) and we've got pretty good buoyancy control for newbies (if I do say so myself.) We did one drift dive on our honeymoon, but I don't think that qualifies us as experienced drift divers. We would also like to use this opportunity (not to take a course but) to improve our dive skills thoughout this trip. We don't want to be diving with the pod people and resort course-ers, but we also don't want to be with really experienced divers where either we're holding them back from diving their experience level, or we're being peer pressured to dive beyond our abilities.

We had a great experience on our honeymoon with a smaller dive op, and liked the personal relationship that we developed with that experience. We'd like to go with a smaller more personal op again. This way we can improve our skills, and as we start making the rounds of the major dive destinations, when we start going back for return trips we have someone to 'go home to' so-to-speak.

After fairly extensive research here on these boards (and even a little elsewhere) I've narrowed it down to these 3 dive ops (in no particular order):

Careyitos
BlueXTSea
Anita Divers

Considering our experience level and desires who do you think we should go with???

PS and incidentally how soon do I need to make reservations with them???
Have you considered Dive Paradise ? I think that being novice divers, you might want to go with them. Just my two cents. Good Viz. George

Scuba-Rican:
Have you considered Dive Paradise ? I think that being novice divers, you might want to go with them. Just my two cents. Good Viz. George
I dove with them in January, no complaints, and very good bang for the buck.

MgicTwnger:
I dove with them in January, no complaints, and very good bang for the buck.
Good ! I liked that staying @ the Barracuda, the boats were right there. Also liked the 3 dives daily. Two dives daily isn't enough for me.:14: See ya Good Viz, George

Scuba-Rican:
Good ! I liked that staying @ the Barracuda, the boats were right there. Also liked the 3 dives daily. Two dives daily isn't enough for me.:14: See ya Good Viz, George
Check out the Dive Paradise/Villablanca deal at Bay Adventures.

MgicTwnger:
Check out the Dive Paradise/Villablanca deal at Bay Adventures.
That's sick ! That's better than the deal at the Barracuda.:monkeydan I think with the specials on airfare on Bay Adventures, you could do the package for about $700.00. There is a special sell off from Chicago directly into Coz for $159.00, round trip. I'm gettin' a little anxious here:eyebrow:. This is during the month of May on every Saturday. Wow, I'm really getting tempted to do this. Thanx a lot. Nothing like a fellow scuba diver to play devil's advocate. LOL ! :) See ya ! Good Viz, George.

Back
Top Bottom