Help! looking for mommy divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know exactly where you are coming from and you are not being selfish to need a little you time. If you don't take a break from being a mom and a wife, you lose yourself and become empty trying to be only what others expect of you. If you lose yourself, you will not be successful as a wife or mother, because you will be too miserable to enjoy being either. If you feel like shatting, feel free to PM me.

Trish
divingirl:
:06: OK, I hope I don't regret this but I am just a little frustrated. If I am just crazy tell me, but am I the only one who feels like they are the hired help? Every day I get crap about how the house isn't clean enough. It doesn't look like the Cleavers across the street. My hubby thinks I sit around and eat bon bons all day or something. I feel like I am running myself ragged trying to keep up with everything. No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to keep up with all those supermoms out there. You know the type...perfect hair and makeup, skinny as a rail and perfectly behaved children, their houses and cars look unlived in. Like something out of a magizine or off of TV. Oh, and if I ever take time for myself, away from the kid and the housework and go diving..."I'm neglecting our son and choosing diving over our family. My place is to stay home." But golfing and hunting trips are ok for him. Who by the way is only home for a couple of hours anyway, between his eat, sleep and work schedualing.
I don't know am I just being selfish...I tried some of those mommy boards but they are all those mommies that stay up til midnight handpainting their kids homework and can't wait to scrub out the oven. Have you ever noticed they even dress like there kids? I'm hoping to find a few down to earth moms that might understand where I'm coming from. Should I be greatful and continue to stay home or what?...

My daughter did her first dive in her own equipment at the age of seven and my 4 year old son was snorkeling above me while I was diving last year at age three. How old is your child and what stops you from taking him with you? If your husband's objection is to you leaving your son/daughter, what can he say if you include your child, other than he feels left out.
divingirl:
:06: OK, I hope I don't regret this but I am just a little frustrated. If I am just crazy tell me, but am I the only one who feels like they are the hired help? Every day I get crap about how the house isn't clean enough. It doesn't look like the Cleavers across the street. My hubby thinks I sit around and eat bon bons all day or something. I feel like I am running myself ragged trying to keep up with everything. No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to keep up with all those supermoms out there. You know the type...perfect hair and makeup, skinny as a rail and perfectly behaved children, their houses and cars look unlived in. Like something out of a magizine or off of TV. Oh, and if I ever take time for myself, away from the kid and the housework and go diving..."I'm neglecting our son and choosing diving over our family. My place is to stay home." But golfing and hunting trips are ok for him. Who by the way is only home for a couple of hours anyway, between his eat, sleep and work schedualing.
I don't know am I just being selfish...I tried some of those mommy boards but they are all those mommies that stay up til midnight handpainting their kids homework and can't wait to scrub out the oven. Have you ever noticed they even dress like there kids? I'm hoping to find a few down to earth moms that might understand where I'm coming from. Should I be greatful and continue to stay home or what?...

I am also the stay home mom of four. He travels the world, eats out alot and is hardly ever home. Today I went to run errands and he calls and says well you never just stay home do you. Of course I don't. I am running four kids everywhere, picking up your laundry and buying groceries for all. while I love being a mom I would like to have some time to me. It will never happen. I don't have the newest hairstyle, don't wear makeup, clothes are about 6 years behind and I love flannel pants and oversized sweatshirts. I am sure I am the poster child for what not to wear but I am comfy and can get any job done that needs it. So you can't keep up with the super moms. Some of them have hired help and would never admit it. I know a few trust me. Those of us in the real world, love our kids, live in houses don't just own them and well sometimes stufff just does not get done. Alas it will still be there to do tomorrow. I promise no one else will do it. Take heart some day we will be wishing we could pick up just one more pair of little socks just for the sake of it.

Another stay home mom.

Deb

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom