Help Lisa, Please.............

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good, You're welcome

do you have an extra strobe or just the one in the camera?

Canon 20d eh? Sweet camera....Hope she is a real sugar mama :D

Do you have the digital or the regular, yellow one? The digital one you can adjust so that you won't get 'burn' around your pictures. Personally, I felt that you need the diffuser when using the yellow strobe, but don't use it with the digital one since you can adjust it's output with the dial.

I do have the Digital Dc500. Would I be adjusting the exposure? white balance?
Never have played with those settings. Really have not had problems with my AE1 above water, SO, manipulation of settings is might be what I need eh?
My external strobe washes everything, there is an optional diffuser available, though I do not have one.

What you need to adjust is the knob on the back of the head of the external strobe. Point it towards the smaller sun sign (clockwise, I believe) . If it is still washing out your pictures of really close up subjects, aim it away from your subject. You can get enough ambient light for those sometimes without the external strobe. If you are using just the internal flash, try covering it partially with your finger. (Just an idea, I haven't had this problem as long as I turn down the strobe or point it away.) My biggest piece of advice is to look at your pictures on your tv or computer screen after each day of diving. Not only will it remind you what to write in your logbook. It will give you better feedback about what you are doing right and wrong. You will be amazed at how much you can improve your pictures over the course of one trip!

Back
Top Bottom