Help keep a newbie from getting reamed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm new to diving and this board, but so far I've learned that there are a couple of topics that people are, to put it mildly, extremely passionate about. [/-]

Dive shop loyalty: Before criticizing a shop/dive operation do a thorough SB search. Certain shops are "protected." No matter that they deserted you and your two young children on the high seas and didn't you report you as missing for three days and then charged you for the equipment rental for all three days, there are people who will say, "That's the best operation I've even gone with. I'd trust my pet airedale with them. How dare you say anything bad about them!"

However, feel free to express all thoughts on tipping. You can take any position on that subject and it will not provoke any reponse at all.

Dive shop loyalty: Before criticizing a shop/dive operation do a thorough SB search. Certain shops are "protected." No matter that they deserted you and your two young children on the high seas and didn't you report you as missing for three days and then charged you for the equipment rental for all three days, there are people who will say, "That's the best operation I've even gone with. I'd trust my pet airedale with them. How dare you say anything bad about them!"

Well they did actually have the gear the three days and of course there will be a small fee for wear and tear......................................... :rofl3:

Last edited:
............. and then charged you for the equipment rental for all three days ...............

"MR. SMITH!! Before you leave. We are also going to have to charge you for the suit with the large teeth marks in it. We are fairly certain there were no teeth marks in it before." :sharkattack:

AND... "You ditched the weights?! Well, let's get out the old IBM calculator. Mmmm, 10 pounds @ $8 per - $80, belt (mesh, 1 each) - $50, buckle - $9, reorder and stocking fee - $20 (flat rate), lost revenue - oh, make it $300, for a total of (including tax) $493.43. Would you like to put the tip on this credit card, sir? And, yes, if they recover your kids there will be additional charges - would you like to run a tab? BTW, you can pay the environmental impact fee, reef damage assessment and fish trauma recovery surcharge directly to the state Wildlife and Tax Bureau (cash only, no credit cards)."

However, feel free to express all thoughts on tipping. You can take any position on that subject and it will not provoke any reponse at all.
This made laugh so hard that if I had been wearing a wetsuit, I'd have pee'd in it.:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

This made laugh so hard that if I had been wearing a wetsuit, I'd have pee'd in it.:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

WHAT!?!?! I can't believe you would pee in your wetsuit. No self respecting diver would EVER pee in his wetsuit. Shame on you. Couldn't you have done a search for "wetsuit" and "pee" and you would've seen that nobody pees in their wetsuits? And don't give me the excuse that you can't search for three letter words on SB, you could have searched the forums using Google.

WHAT!?!?! I can't believe you would pee in your wetsuit. No self respecting diver would EVER pee in his wetsuit. Shame on you. Couldn't you have done a search for "wetsuit" and "pee" and you would've seen that nobody pees in their wetsuits? And don't give me the excuse that you can't search for three letter words on SB, you could have searched the forums using Google.

UH OH!!!! FishOutUvH20 just broke a rule.....let the flaming begin. I guess you found out what not to talk about the hard way FishOutUvH20. Don't try to hide....they have ways of finding you.

. . .No self respecting diver would EVER pee in his wetsuit. . .
Geez, you diver's are a stuffy crowd! I suppose you folks also think it's wrong to pass gas in the boat's closed-up cabin?! What next?! Black-tie diving?!:D

Back
Top Bottom