Help, identifying doubles manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gypsyjim

I have an alibi
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am trying to identify the manufacturer of a couple of doubles manifold valves that I own.

Other than "300 Bar" on each valve, and a 8 number serial# on the isolation valve body, there is nothing else stamped into the valves.

Can anyone identify these, or steer me to someone who might?

0803170738.jpg

0803170738b.jpg
0802171704.jpg
0802171703a.jpg

0802171704_HDR.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

These valves came to me with 2 sets of OMS double 80AL tank bands, OMS BP/W, and an unmarked set of tank bands, so OMS is where I began, but unless I am mistaken, I believe that all of their manifolds are branded with "OMS"?

That's a Dive Rite.

Or not. Looks exactly like my Dive Rite, but I can't match it up in their current catalog....

But it matches the picture in the HOG catalog. That's a HOG.

HOG 300 Bar Manifold

Not sure why the OEM would put a yoke dimple on a 300 bar valve. Assuming these are 3/4-14 NPSM

or Halcyon or a myriad of others that had them OEM'd from the same company. Like SPG's, tank valves are only coming from a very small handful of manufacturers.
In the case of Dive Rite and Halcyon, they were manufactured by Blue Steel.

In the case of this specific manifold, it was made by ODS in Taiwan, same company that makes the Deep6, HOG, etc regulators. You should be able to get parts for it from HOG directly. It is obviously a carbon copy of the Blue Steel manifold, and as such can likely use the same parts kits, but Blue Steel has some other markings on it to ID it and with this being plain, it will have come from ODS

as to the dimple, it's a manufacturing convenience thing. They basically make all of the valves as 300bar and then machine down the threads for the 200bar. More convenient. I actually think almost all of my 300bar din valves have the nipple on the back. For those lucky enough to have the bolt action fill DIN fill whips that Oxycheq made, the nipples are key and I don't know of any valves that they don't work with

I have a Dive Rite that looks like that but it is also compatible with the DGX plugs etc.

There are a couple of vintages of Dive Rite manifolds. That looks like the older vintage. The newer ones are more rounded and have a protective raised ring around the burst disc. As others have noted, since the Dive Rite logo is missing, the manifold in the photo could have been sold under one of any number of private labels.

They're good valves, though, and parts are available. I have a set in 7/8".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom