HELP... I would like to get an underwater camers...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Be sure you check all the fine print and ask the right questions. We have a friend who asked if his camera would be covered for flooding. His agent for his homeowners policy said "of, course it would." So my friend added his camera gear to his home policy.

Sure enough, on his first trip his housing flooded. When he got home and sent in his claim, the insurance company just laughed at him. Their comment was...."You mean you intentionally took your camera underwater? That voids your coverage." Seems the flood coverage they meant was flooding of the house. He also found out the only theft coverage he would have is if it was stolen from his houose or car.

So before you add it to your homeowners policy, make sure you and the agent are talking about the same things!

medic13 once bubbled...
personally I just went to the digital side after many years on the reef-master don't get me wrong you can take some great pictures with the reef-master but remember this it will take allot of time and allot of film to get it wear you can pretty much point and shoot not to mention all the film and developing! go the digital route in long run better quality pictures and better on the wallet !!
and as far as insurance hear what I did its under my I got plenty of coverage ect .

I think I am definitely leaning towards the digital side. It makes it a lot easier when you already have the camera. I just need to get the housing. Thanks for your reponse to my post.

Dee once bubbled...
Be sure you check all the fine print and ask the right questions. We have a friend who asked if his camera would be covered for flooding. His agent for his homeowners policy said "of, course it would."

I will have to contact them tomorrow and inquire about this. What does everyone else do for insurance on their underwater camera gear, especially when they spend a little money?

I've had D.E.P.P. Insurance since I bought my first U/W camera in '97. I've had several claims from floods to lost items and have always had great customer service as well as fast and efficient repairs or replacements.

Back
Top Bottom