Help! Henderson Gold Core 7mm sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverMK

Reaction score
(I already posted this in the women's forum, but I wanted to post it here again just for more exposure to the general public with the right knowledge)

I'm about to buy my very first wetsuit, and I think I would like to go with Henderson Gold Core 7/5 mm one piece for diving mostly in Monterey, CA. I've read many places on this board that with Henderson hyperstretch suits, you order one or even two sizes smaller than other wetsuits. But what about Henderson Gold Core suits? Do you also order something smaller or go with your regular size? Does it make a difference depending on the thickness of your suit?

And I understand that Henderson hyperstretch is the most comfortable suit to wear/put on, but how does the Henderson Gold Core compare with standard suits in terms of ease of putting it on? My legs a little bit thicker relative to the rest of my body, and I always have a hard time getting regular 7mm wetsuits over my legs.

If there are any women out there who wear Henderson Gold Core 7/5mm or 7mm, could you please advise me of your height/weight/normal clothes size and what your Gold Core 7/5 or 7mm suit size is? I understand that this is personal and possibly sensitive information, but I need the help of the group knowledge to help me choose since I can't try one on! Please feel free to PM me if you would rather not post this information.

I'm about 5'5" and weigh about 140lb. I've lost a little weight in the last year and I'm hoping to get down to 135lb soon. And I don't know if I should go with a size 8 or 10 for Henderson Gold Core!

Thanks for your info in advance!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom