Help for a big girl! I'm getting discouraged.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

big girl

Registered
Reaction score
I am a very active, strong woman, but a big one too. Who makes women's wetsuits in a 16-18? Anyone know of any sales?

Help!!!!

I know as a larger Man, I dive in BARE wetsuits, and I believe they carry women's suits through 18.

Deleated because it was a bit over the rude line.

Gary D.

Thanks everyone. That's helpful. I wondered if some women didn't get a men's suit. I know I'm not the biggest girl to ever buy a wetsuit!

Yes...lose some weight...I need to and I'm in the process, but that will take a bit of time, and I'd like to get my wetsuit pretty quick.

Some good tips here. I'll check them out.

Several manufacturers make suits in size 16 for women. Akona, Henderson (they make the 7mm Hyperstretch up to size 22!), and XS Scuba are 3 that come to mind right off the bat.

I'm not a big girl, but I use a men's suit...the women's one in the brand/type I want just doesn't fit as well :) Get what fits, forget about if they build in bumps :wink:

Oh, and if you are wanting a supportive group as you get fit check us out on the SB Fitness area - here's a link to our daily chatting where we check in with what we've been doing and offer support to others! We're a happy, non-fanatical (mostly) group who are just doing things that are making our lives more active, more fun and more enjoyable!

Harvey's caters to bigger girls. I am short (5'4") and I have a 3mm fullsuit from them 3XXX short no need to go custom! Ran me about $300. But I usually wear my 2mm XSScuba XXXL men's shortie which I LOVE. If you are going to be in warm water that is what I recommend, since us big girls have our own insulation!!! It ran me about $90, good luck!!! I am also looking at Tommy D's Sports, they have XXXL women's shorties that I like the looks of... only $40, thinking about a backup for myself.

Those prices are great!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom