help buy bauer junior 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have a Junior II with electric motor in our dive school.
Our experience is that an AL80 is filled from 0 to 3000 psi in 25 minutes.
We service it every 500 hours.
The user manual has no indication that it has to be stopped every X tanks filled, however, the last service we did to it, the service engineer mentioned that the compressor should be stopped at least 30 minutes every 3 tanks filled.
1. it depends on the tanks
2. it depends on the usage conditions
3. that won't be an issue

the junior ii is a 3cfm tank so it will take roughly 30 minutes to fill a standard AL80 from empty. You have to hook it up and disconnect each time and stop and restart the compressor so probably factor 40 minutes per tank for all of that if it's gas, bit less if it's electric. At 7 tanks a week it should be no issue. Intervals are roughly every 1000 hours of operation for oil change and filter change
There is no need to stop the compressor to go from one tank to the next. The Filter assembly has an overpressure valve that will vent if the pressure goes over the adjusted value. As soon as the filler whip is mounted in the following empty tank, pressure in the outlet will drop and the overpressure valve will close.

If you look at the sales literature, there is some REALLY TINY type on there that says it is not to be used for filling storage bottles. The Junior II is not built to sit at high pressures for long periods of time. Hooking several tanks at the same time would fill real slow and as it got towards the high end, would have a sustained stress level that would cause faster than normal wear and, quite possibly, failure. If it is cool enough out, you could probably run that little guy all day long filling one tank at a time and it wouldn't hurt it. Your twin 130s will definitely wear that little guy a lot faster than filling singles. I think that Surface Tension is right ... you need to step up to a compressor designed for continuous duty. But, that is only my opinion and that is worth what you paid for it.

I saw about not filling storage bottles with it but even 4xal80's is only about 70% of a single storage bottle and nowhere near it's pressure rating so figured it wouldn't be an issue, but this is what you do for a living so I'll yield to that. Thankfully I have one rated for continuous duty so don't have to worry about it

I saw about not filling storage bottles with it but even 4xal80's is only about 70% of a single storage bottle and nowhere near it's pressure rating so figured it wouldn't be an issue, but this is what you do for a living so I'll yield to that. Thankfully I have one rated for continuous duty so don't have to worry about it
the poor thing would have to run hours to fill a storage bank..and you will regret it.

That all said, you will also be draining the condensate...that stats to be a PITA

the poor thing would have to run hours to fill a storage bank..and you will regret it.

That all said, you will also be draining the condensate...that stats to be a PITA

I wasn't suggesting filling a bank bottle with it, but was using it as an example of 4xal80's being a lot less than single cascade. Fact on opening the drains every 15 minutes, by far the most annoying part of non-commercial compressors

Fact on opening the drains every 15 minutes, by far the most annoying part of non-commercial compressors

LOL ... Yup! I am a little anal about my air so I prefer to blow down more often for a shorter amount of time. I try to sell automatic drains to every personal compressor customer so they don't have to stand there blowing it down. Less than half go for it and about half of the ones that didn't, contact me later about retrofitting.

I agree with surface tension, get a continuous duty Bauer instead. I have several Utilus available with single-phase motors, low hours, $2500. A new Junior II runs over $4000.

I got to work with research units
Compressor according to their ability to be able to charge a number of tanks .But then must wait to be cooled compressors. Then this could be a number of other charges.It asked a mechanic

According to the compressor is as follows:

100 L compressor = max 2 tank
200 L compressor = max 5 tank
and .........

The compressor can be turned off and a few hours later on.

sorry my english very low and I have the help of Google Translator .
I hope you understand

As mentioned in an earlier post, I have a Junior II. We have had it for over 15 years and done 4076 fills. We routinely fill 6 or 8 tanks straight without any break. Only problems have been a couple of springs in one valve (many years ago) and a blown hose due to carbon clogging (after changing from mineral to synthetic oil). They can easily handle this as my experience has shown.

Bauer with 1000 PSI oil pressure capatono single phase 5 hp motor. 5 CFM continuous run compressor.

Back
Top Bottom