help buy bauer junior 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hosein1992

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi I want to buy a Bauer junior 2 compressor.
please help me .
1. How many tanks can be filled in one day.
2. How often should it be serviced.
3.I want to fill up 7 tank per week

Is it a good choice for me?

thank you

1. it depends on the tanks
2. it depends on the usage conditions
3. that won't be an issue

the junior ii is a 3cfm tank so it will take roughly 30 minutes to fill a standard AL80 from empty. You have to hook it up and disconnect each time and stop and restart the compressor so probably factor 40 minutes per tank for all of that if it's gas, bit less if it's electric. At 7 tanks a week it should be no issue. Intervals are roughly every 1000 hours of operation for oil change and filter change

1. it depends on the tanks
2. it depends on the usage conditions
thank you tbone1004

i have few Question again !!?
1- I want to fill up my tank is 12 liters can charge two tank per one day?
2- Do thousand hours for changing the oil and filter will not be much time?

thank you tbone1004

i have few Question again !!?
1- I want to fill up my tank is 12 liters can charge two tank per one day?
2- Do thousand hours for changing the oil and filter will not be much time?

1. you can fill as many tanks at once as you have fill whips. Some of the compressors in Florida have 8 or more fill whips on them. When filling more tanks it just goes slower. I.e. if you hook up 4 tanks, it is going to take 4x as long to fill them. That isn't a bad thing, it's just a thing.
2. it doesn't take much time. Maybe an hour? It's not dissimilar from changing the oil and filters in your car

No ... the Jr II is not rated for continuous duty and hooking up 4 tanks would increase the stresses beyond what it was designed for.

No ... the Jr II is not rated for continuous duty and hooking up 4 tanks would increase the stresses beyond what it was designed for.

what is the duty cycle on it? There is no mention of duty cycle in the manual or maximum run time, only to blow out the drains every 15-30 minutes. With 4 al80's you're going to have a maximum run of 2 hours. Is it the time at high pressure that's the problem or the total run time? Reason I'm asking is that 4x al80's at once is really no different than filling some of the big doubles, so if I'm filling double 130's, it's going to take the same time

Last edited:
I've read run 30 minutes and rest 30 on the juniorII. Environmental factors matter but.....

I had a Junior II and used to fill multiple LP 120 in series to 3600psi and never had any issues. Filling bottles in series is a lot different than filling storage. When you fill dive bottles it will only be at the higher pressure for a short period of the fill time, other than that it is just pushing against whatever your priority valve is set to 1800 or so.

If you are concerned, just buy a used Utilus or Capitano for less money than a new JR. II.

If you look at the sales literature, there is some REALLY TINY type on there that says it is not to be used for filling storage bottles. The Junior II is not built to sit at high pressures for long periods of time. Hooking several tanks at the same time would fill real slow and as it got towards the high end, would have a sustained stress level that would cause faster than normal wear and, quite possibly, failure. If it is cool enough out, you could probably run that little guy all day long filling one tank at a time and it wouldn't hurt it. Your twin 130s will definitely wear that little guy a lot faster than filling singles. I think that Surface Tension is right ... you need to step up to a compressor designed for continuous duty. But, that is only my opinion and that is worth what you paid for it.

Back
Top Bottom