Help! 6 days in Manado - Where to dive ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vndomo

New
Reaction score
We will be flying into Manado on Saturday and flying out on Friday, with 5 dive days, should we stay at 2 resorts ? We were thinking to split the time between Lembeh and Bangka but not sure how many days to do each or is it better to stay in just one resort ? How does the diving in Bankga compare to Lembeh ?

That's a difficult question; Lembeh is good for 10 days diving before moving.

If you can arrange it with the dive centres I think the best option would be to dive Lembeh for three days and then have a boat from Bangka collect you at the end of the third day.
That way you arrive on Bangka for the last two days without having to miss any dives (well maybe a night dive).

I know Ganga Island Resort have done this in the past, with a pick-up from Kasawari, but other dive centres on Bangka offer a day trip to Lembeh as well - you just have to make sure it's on your third day!

I suggest splitting between Manado & Lembeh. Muck diving is addictive...

Indeed, muck diving is addictive
Last year we splitted 4 days Bunaken and 3 days Lembeh - but this year we want all week at Lembeh.
But too bad, Oct. Lembeh is fully booked - have to change the October trip to Bali then Dec. hopefully can go to Lembeh.

Thanks for the helpful comments everyone! We will do 4 nights in Lembeh and 2 nights Bangka.

Do as many night dives as you can in Lembeh, it's great fun. Saw a large crab spawning.

Back
Top Bottom