"Hell's Kitchen" ???....more like Hell's #1 idiot.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was waiting for Kim to pounce. Makes sense...
I had great food in London, Indian food. What is English food anyway?

Curry!

hnladue:
Rich-I'm not eating in your kitchen!! You've got wax in your sink.

Ohhhhh low blow....and they are the best.

I know, but it makes the food slide down so easily !!

catherine96821:
What is English food anyway?
Mostly roasts....and a lot of pies as well as other pastry dishes. My Mother knew around 20 different ways to do a potato. She was rather good at casseroles as well.

English traditional cooking doesn't transfer well into restaurants because it takes too long to do. For instance...there's a world of difference between a home made pie and the kind of factory made equivalent that you'll get in most cafes.

By the way - sandwiches are a much better and less greasy offering to the world of fast food than your McDonalds or Kentucky Fat Soaked Chicken! :D

Kim:
By the way - sandwiches are a much better and less greasy offering to the world of fast food than your McDonalds or Kentucky Fat Soaked Chicken! :D
Hear, hear...

Sorry, but having visited the UK several times, I can agree that English food...sucks. Blandest stuff I've ever tasted.

If it weren't for fast food, in particular Indian fast food (curry...hmmmm!) I would've starved over there.

Oh and Kim, before making fun of our fast food you may want to visit home again. McD's, Burger King, Pizza Hut, and yes your favorite KFC are all over the UK, being frequented by native Brits.

I thought Hells Kitchen was funny tho, shows the difference in culture/attitudes of British/Europeans & Americans - we speak the same language but are very different peoples.
I agree totally, I think that Hell's Kitchen is hysterical, but then that must be the english "toilet" sense of humour that we are so famed for.

As for good English food you guys havent lived until you've had one of Mum's Sunday Roasts!You cant get that in a restruant, you have to actually have to go into someones home to get decent English cooking!

Freds :coffee:

Freds....I lived in Europe for 12 years and traveled to the UK several times. I NEVER would compare any person I met in the UK or Ireland to that idiot.

As far as I am concerned.....he is just being "holliwood"....and doing a poor job at it.

The other night he kept calling that one girl a liar and if I was her....I would have made it perfectly clear he can act like an *****h*** all he wants but that is crossing the line and he could kick me off right there.....but a stop order is out on that crap.

Just gotta jump in here in defense of "English" food.
When I lived in Europe (Ath, Belgium) from '85-'88 my job took me all over; I was a frequent visitor in England, France, Germany, Denmark, The Netherlands, Italy, Luxembourg and Switzerland, with an occasional quick side trip to Spain.
When it comes to food, I am one who "goes native" - I get away from the touristy stuff to the extent possible and eat at local places.
England served up some marvelous roasts, meat pies, fresh fish and a particularly memorable "fisherman's pie" chock full of scallops and shrimp and cream from a little country pub on a hill surrounded by "free range chickens." And while the English palate may run towards the "bland," salt & pepper are always available and the underlying dish can be brought up to your personal taste easily... you do carry your Tabasco with you when you travel, right? :D
Rick

Back
Top Bottom