"Hell's Kitchen" ???....more like Hell's #1 idiot.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RICHinNC

Contributor
Reaction score
I have always loved to cook and often thought what it would have been like if I had become a chef.....and never too old to give it a try.

But, all the "reality" shows I see on TV about cooking just take the joy right out of the process and turn it into something nasty.

I was watching "Hell's Kitchen" last night...double episode....and this supposedly fantastic, famous British chef was on ranting and raving and just being absolutely an idiot. He kept saying he couldnt understand how his kitchen and his hand picked staff were so bad. Go look in the mirror.

Here is another show that takes some idiot that acts like a major idiot and thinks it is entertaining. Plus, you can tell they dang carefully picked the participants.

I guess I will just stay in my little kitchen....no where near Hell....and enjoy cooking ... my way.

I wonder if they screen the contestants to make sure no one has any backbone at all. I can't believe no one has gone after that jerk with a carving knife. First time he threw something at me, game on! Now that's must see TV! :mooner:

:lol:

watched it, not very entertaining for me, rather annoying, should have put in a DVD and watched a movie instead.

RICHinNC:
all the "reality" shows I see on TV about cooking just take the joy right out of the process and turn it into something nasty.

Many kitchens can do that; somebody just decided to film one.

Cooking professionally is a very difficult. The stresses are very high when you are in the "weeds". In high end kitchens, you have to perform flawlessly time and time again and do so quickly. If you enjoy cooking for your family and friends continue to do so and don't do it as a profession... Been there and done that. Glad to cook just for people I care about now.

OE2X:
Cooking professionally is a very difficult. The stresses are very high when you are in the "weeds". In high end kitchens, you have to perform flawlessly time and time again and do so quickly. If you enjoy cooking for your family and friends continue to do so and don't do it as a profession... Been there and done that. Glad to cook just for people I care about now.

second the above.

ditto

RICHinNC:
and this supposedly fantastic, famous British chef .

Fantastic BRITISH chef? come on....they don't exist...:lol: Ever eat in England?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom