Hello....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sher

Reaction score
hi, my first chat , going to cozumel in feb. I wanted to do pictures this trip ,not sure if it takes away from the dive or makes it even better,

sher:
hi, my first chat , going to cozumel in feb. I wanted to do pictures this trip ,not sure if it takes away from the dive or makes it even better,

Not sure if it takes away from the diving or not but it does take a lot of concentration. A lot of the dives (all that I did in May) are considered current dives and that makes photography a little more difficult. But I would try a couple dives and see what you think.

Becky

I used to do photography but stopped a few years ago. I now want to enjoy the dive to the fullest. Also I have since decided to keep my diving and my equipment simple. If possible I only take my computer on dive trips these days.

I drag the camera around depending on how I feel. Some dives, no way, others I want to use it to document what I am doing (such as the shark took hunting at Venice Beach). Depending on if you have your own rig for pics is to drag it with you... do the dive as if the camera were part of your "hey, its a Micky moment!" for pics. Thats how I have to do dives or else I turn into scavenger hunt man.. always looking for that next fish pose! :wink:

It all depends on what you plan to do with the photos...IMHO....I carry a camera most times and I dont care if it is the best composition....or the clearest picture...I just like a little memory or two to keep. The days i dive and dont take the camera along... I miss the greatest pics. Now I am talking a simple point and shoot 35mm or digi. Not one with 6 feet of lights and junk.
\
And a ...for what it is worth....the best way to carry the camera i have found is... I went to a fabric store and got me some 3 inch elastic. I doubled the elastic and put it around the camera then slightly shortened it (so it would grip well) and sewed it into a circle. Then all I do is undo one strap...put the strap through the camera holder and slide the camera in. Wont fall out even during a giant stride.

And welcome to Scuba Board :happywave a great place to chat, learn, compare, argue, etc.

For best results, put us in Favorites of your :crush: computer, and check in often.

Cozumel is pretty much drift diving, but you can get a shot off now and then. :camera: Cameras can be distracting, though; don't let it reduce your safety.

don

To the ScubaBoard Sher,

This is a great place to have just about any question answered. Chances are real good that someone here has knowledge and/or insight on any topic.

Wildbill:cop_2:

GotAir... you can take those cheapy cams on dives? I thought they would burst or something at depths past 12-20 ft? Thanks for the help!
Foo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom