Hello from Michigan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rdwarrior1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello, I have been lurking and learning from this group for a couple of years now and finally decided to make my first post. I am from mid-Michigan, but currently deployed overseas. No diving for me till this fall. Have been certified since 1998, but took a long break until my kids were old enough to get certified. Recently have been diving Gilboa Quarry in Ohio and Blue Grotto in Florida. I look forward to getting back into diving right away upon my return. One of my favorite forums here is the trip reports, I find them very valuable as a planner. Looking forward to a trip to Cozumel in the future.

Welcome! I've logged many an hour underwater at Gilboa. Apart from wreck diving on the Great Lakes, Gilboa is my favorite Midwest dive location. I moved to Florida in 2016 so all of my diving these days is warmer and saltier.

Welcome from another Michigander.

And from a Mitten State native (now elsewhere in the Great Lakes region)

Welcome! I've logged many an hour underwater at Gilboa. Apart from wreck diving on the Great Lakes, Gilboa is my favorite Midwest dive location. I moved to Florida in 2016 so all of my diving these days is warmer and saltier.
Thanks, we are definitely planning on doing some wreck diving, thinking of going up to Munising and diving there. Lots of shallow wrecks. I am also going to White Star Quarry to check it out.

Welcome. I know you mentioned your kids getting certified, but if you ever need a dive buddy let me know. White star is 30 minutes from my house, and gilboa is 1.5 hours. I am at the quarries pretty frequently if I don't have any boat trips.

Did anyone dive Higgins Lake? Despite my time in Michigan I hadn't heard of it until recently. Apparently one of the clearest lakes in the world…

Did anyone dive Higgins Lake? Despite my time in Michigan I hadn't heard of it until recently. Apparently one of the clearest lakes
We dove Higgins Lake in the fall of 21 it was the first open water dive after certification for my son. It was very clear, reminded me of Caribbean waters. We tried to find the sunken boat that is near the Amvets Lodge but were unsuccessful. It is a nice shore dive, but a long walk out to the deeper water.

Back
Top Bottom