hello

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

christopher1260

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am new to scuba diving and stumbled across this board, which seems to be incredibly rich with information and useful opinions. I am a senior biology student at Ohio University and took my Open water certification class through the university last spring. I have not had the funds or the time to make a trip since my check out dive, however I did sign up for a spring break trip on Blackbeard's. I will be going with 22 other OU students, so it should be a great time. I would love any feedback about this operation. So far, it looks like everyone that has gone loved it. Well, hopefully I can learn a lot here before my trip in March. Cheers,
Chris

As you've already discovered - there's a wealth of advice available here - and the 'search' function will find you just about any diving subject you could imagine.

Dive safe - enjoy the Board

Welcome aboard ...this is a great group

It seems like this board goes exponentially everyday. As I'm also new to the board, it has opened a variety of information concerning the dive world.

Since you have not dove in almost a year, it would not be a bad idea to go over your O/W manual. I've made a habit of reading something on diving regularly.

The water is not forgiving. It is a wonderful sport as long as we follow the rules and do it SAFELY.

This is the place to ask questions. You can't beat advised since it is all free.

Enjoy the new world you have discovered. Joe

Welcome aboard Chris!

I can't imagine going on a week long dive trip with 22 University students. Seems to me that you wouldn't get a lot of the diving done, with all the partying!!! Everyone that I have spoken with that have taken a Blackbeards trip has loved it. Won't catch me on one of them, mostly because their beds are 74" long and I stand 75" tall!!!

There is a lot of good information on this board. I have learned a great deal from the folks here, and have met a number of good folks too!

Again, welcome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom