Hello to all world divers from France !! And question about dive in New Zealand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi all !!

Divers are a big family from all over the world ! I hope that on this website I will find some friends to speak about the best dive sites around the world, and share each others experiences !! :D

I will go soon in New Zealand, with no divers friend, so I need some good advices for doing only 3 or 4 dives, but the best ones !! I think to dive on the Rainbow Warrior wreck, and perhaps one in Fiordland? :confused:
What are your advices?

Thanks a lot for your answers! :10: :10:

If you only have four days of diving...

Rainbow Warrior
Poor Knights
Former HMNZS Wellington
Fiordland

Welcome to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

Hi Corynaticus

Welcome to Scubaboard.

If I only had four days diving in NZ I wouldn't bother with HMNZS Wellington. I think the former HMNZS Waikato, which is near Poor Knights, is much more interesting. It has much more fish and marine life on it because it has been sunk longer. I have not dived Fiordland but if you are used to cold water it would be a great place to go.

I would spend several days in the north, see what your countrymen did to the Rainbow Warrior, not that NZers will hold that against you, then 2 days at Poor Knights and a day in Fiordland.

Have a good time and enjoy scubaboard.

Alison

alijtaylor:
If I only had four days diving in NZ I wouldn't bother with HMNZS Wellington. I

I second that. I just dived the Wellington and its nothing special (yet).

With limited time Id stick with the Poor Knights and the Tui/Waikato wrecks. All are out from Tutukaka. Leigh and Goat Island are only an hour south and worth a look.

Now I havent dived Fiordland yet but am hoping to do so this summer, and if you have the time and opotuninty id deffintly recommend it.
Lots of nice diving on the Coromadle peninsula too.

Howdy from Texas and welcome to SB!

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Click the link in my Sig below to PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

I wouldn't bother going with Dive Tutukaka (had a bad experience), but Poor Knights Island is a good dive spot. There are a few other companies that go there, check it out.

SeaTurtle42:
I wouldn't bother going with Dive Tutukaka (had a bad experience), but Poor Knights Island is a good dive spot. There are a few other companies that go there, check it out.
The reason a lot of people dive with Dive Tutukaka is that they go out every day, weather dependant.No other charter company does that.
My experience with Dive Tutukaka has been mostly good. My only concern with them is they set a 40m depth limit and if you do even one minute of mandatory deco you are in trouble. They also tend to go to the same places all the time however if you are after a Poor Knights experience then they are your best bet unless you arrange something with another charter company.
They are all nice friendly people as well.

Hi everybody !

Thanks you very much for your good advices !
I look forward to try the diving in new zealand.... :)

Back
Top Bottom