Hello From South Carolina!!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I might have to take a day off and travel up that way. Wast is the water temp?

The lake is warming up now, it was 70 degrees this past sunday at 60 feet, a couple of my diving buds did a 300 foot dive and the temp. was 48 degrees at that depth.

The walk-in ramp at Jocassee (closed off for divers and kayakers only) is a great place to dive if you don't want to pay for a charter. If you get a charter, you can dive to the Chinese Junk in 60 ffw. I was there 2 weeks ago and dove to 60 in a 5-mil suit - no hood or gloves. I was fine. The vis is very good, for a freshwater lake. It's a beautiful lake. Maybe I'll see you up there sometime. I can't bring myself to brave alligators and black water yet :shakehead Let me know if you want directions!

Welcome from Oklahoma...

Welcome to the Crazy world of scuba diving from Texas! It's nice to see you on Scubaboard. If you ever need any advice or help, we're here for you.

Britt
CrazyScuba.com

Hey, thanks for all the info. I might me coming up there to dive around the end of july with another guy from the fire department. I will contact you guys when it gets a little closer with some preperations.

Corey

Welcome to the scubaboard, nice to see you here! Firemen are fantastic, thanks for taking care of us all! My cousin is a Fireman. Welcome to the wonderful world of diving.

Thank you Rapidiver, and to you diva. I appreciate the welcome.
:D
Firemen are fantastic
:wink:
Well, this is my dream job. I get to help people, and I love it.

Dive Safe....

Back
Top Bottom