Hello From South Carolina!!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A warm welcome to you from the chilly, orca infested waters of Western Washington!

Sea ya!

Thank you everyone for the Welcome. I will keep that in mind WEBEDIVING, thank you. Nevis diver, do you come here often to dive?

cldSCUBA:
Thank you everyone for the Welcome. I will keep that in mind WEBEDIVING, thank you. Nevis diver, do you come here often to dive?

I went this past Saturday......brrrr. 49 degrees and even my 7mm semi-dry was only good for a 33 minute dive and an 18 minute dive.....just too cold. On my second dive I found a mid to late 1700's planter's pipe....pretty awesome. Iwill definitely go back when the water is warmer. Capt. Phill Meyers was great. Very laid back and knowledgeable.

Dinner at The Wreck at Shem's Creek was pretty good , too!

Chris

Welcome cldScuba. I'd suggest you checkout the forum for the geography close to you (southeast of course) and begin to read posts, profiles and private message (PM) folks that you see are close to you.

I've been the Hilton Head Island. Not sure where Moncks Corner is in relation, but I've been down that way 3 or 4 times.

Congrats on the Pipe Chris. I went out 2 days ago and realized it was way to cold still. I will be diving by the end of the month though. Some of the other fireman I work with are diving now at blue grotto, and Ginnie Springs again, they got there wives to get certified ( I think an excuse to go to Floridia again....) Someone had to stay and work.

Jim here is a map form Hilton Head to Moncks Corner,
http://www.scubaboard.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30241&stc=1&d=1141526264

It is not that far, if you want to dive the cooper river, there are allot of people here that dive it. Thank you for all the info.

Hello from Myrtle Beach. I think my grandma was from Monks Corner. Let me know if you're in town any time soon.
David

Welcome!! My brother just moved from Monks Corner to Sarasota with the rest of us Dive Nuts that relocated to give us an opportunity to dive in warmer water!!!! I did my limited vis. cert. at Cooper River looking for shark teeth. I must admit I had better luck at a small creek in waist deep water off a bridge who's name escapes me at the moment. We did find some great megladon teeth and next to Venice Fl. You are living in one of the best places for fossil hunting. I lived in North Carolina for a long time and was certified in a very popular rock quarry there. I understand cold and after that diving any tropical water seems like paradise. Dive Safe!

cld scuba, after I said I didn't remember the bridge we went fossil hunting from, I looked back at my journal and saw that it was Bacon Bridge Road but it was actually in Summerville! It was a fantastic site and the best part was my 5yr. old niece found shark teeth for 2 straight hours. Right now she is in fins, mask, and snorkel. This last summer we had her going down in 4 ft. of water to retrieve sand dollars off Siesta Key Beach and then put them back to be found anther day. A future Diver in the making. As for Ginny Springs, I took my son to get certified at Devils Den and Ginny Springs. We went to Blue Grotto from there and then to Crystal River for the greatest Manatee dive. He's a Marine in Iraq. right now but when he gets back in a few months I'm taking him to the Keys to do some diving he's read about while away from home! He was a volunteer firefighter in the cadets while in highschool and received his F.F.1 . He has decided to get his Paramedic after his discharge and then wants to become a rescue diver with one of our organizations here in Fl. The one thing I remember most about the Santee Cooper River was a complete silt white out and having to look up at my air bubbles to see which direction up was. For a split second I new the meaning of, First Rule:; Don"t hold your breathe!!!!! Breathe!!!!!!!! It was an awesome learning experience! right after that they also told me about the alligators that also love the river!!! Oh well here in Fl. they say the same thing about the sharks!! It's all good!!!

Hey, sorry it took so long to respond. A couple of the guys here have been to bacons bridge and found some nice teeth. They also have found some nice teeth at the local landfill. The workers found a fossil bed and stopped digging there, they got to look and have done very well. I love diving the river though (Cooper River) our last dive we found a tiger or some sort of cat claw, and a camel tooth. Well enjoy the Florida diving and I cannot wait to get back down there, for some clear dives.

Dive Safe....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom