Hello from Seadoo Seascooter!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Join the club, I bought one about a month ago and it flooded the first time, I could hear water in the moter housing. They sent me (the dealer) a new lower unit and it worked fine in 30' of water. Then I took it to 70' and it flooded again in the motor housing, called Vince back at seascooter express and he said as of last week they are retro fitting all the explorers and have the problem solved.:popcorn: So I'm sending it to CA. for the retro fit.

I have been waiting for divers direct to get the new explorers in. They told me about this defect and thats why they dont have the old ones right now.

Hello all,

TO > shovelheaddivebiker
Please check the instruction manual that comes with your unit. The troubleshooting section on page 19 to 21 explains how to remove grille and propeller when propeller is blocked. Please let me know if you can solve the mishap.

TO > Kekax / Micklock
Sorry to hear about your experience, but please follow Micklock's lead to send the Explorer to the service center for a retro-fit. I you didn't buy with Seascooter express please contact seascooter@sportdimension.com for quick resolve.

Please keep me updated on your progress gettng the unit fixed
Appreciate much

I just purchased the explorer from seadoo express today(dealt with Vince also). I have to say that I am a little disappointed with the seadoo rep on Scubaboard. They failed to respond to my pm, maybe there is a legit reason but I still would like to hear it.

SeaDoo Seascooter,

Are you an actual rep for Bombardier or are you a rep for whoever is manufacturing these units? I see you are located in Hong Kong, when last time I checked Bombardier was a Canadian company.

I've been looking at purchasing a sub-$1k DPV and the SeaDoo's were on my short list, but I too am concerned.

You might find it more beneficial to your objectives if you were more active here as well.

Last edited:
Bombardier was a Canadian company.

SEA-DOO® and the BRP logo are trademarks of Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. or its affiliates, used under license by StallionSport
The SEA-DOO® SEASCOOTER™ is neither manufactured nor distributed by Bombardier Recreational Products. For all inquiries, please contact StallionSport.

Just took the explorer out on the reef today. I have to say that I am very impressed with its power and so far so go

So...... WHAT HAPPENED??????

Are the new units working without flooding?

Crap, knew I shoulda read the ending first.

:popcorn:

So...... WHAT HAPPENED??????

Are the new units working without flooding?

Crap, knew I shoulda read the ending first.

:popcorn:

It has been performing perfectly. So far we are very impressed

Hello Texas- Torpedo
Apologize for the late reply, I am Marketing rep for Stallion Sport, licensed manufacturer and global agent for the Seascooter. Please let me know if I can help you in any way with questions or support with your Sea-Doo Seascooter

YOUR QUESTIONS; All explorers have the retro-fit upgrade and perform without any problem, at any given depth within the rating , You'd make an excellent choice getting an Explorer, as from personal experience not diving without it nowadays,

FYI; We'll be presenting some new videos soon. Keep you updated

regards
Marcel
Sea-Doo Seascooter

It seems that everyone who uses this product scuba diving in salt water finds out that they don't last and it is a waste of time trying to get them fixed. I have had eight of them. Never last. I have tried to smooth the area that holds the O-ring, but no luck. Stay away from this product.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom