Hello From Ohio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XF15-Loader

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Well, I figured I might as well drop an official line and say hello. My name is Jason and I am not a diver...yet.

Ive dreamt of diving for as long as I can remember. Recently I noticed that we had a LDS here in Oregon, OH so I decided to stop in. To my amazement I could actually afford the classes. After speaking to my wife I decided to hold off untill I could afford to get my son into classes with me.

While I'm waiting to start my classes I've been trying to learn as much as I can about the sport by reading threads here and visiting the chat room. Ive found both to be invaluable resources. Thanks to all who freely give opinions and good info here at ScubaBoard.com.

Welcome fellow Buckeye
I'm in Perrysburg, got the SCUBA bug in 1970, dove the local quarries and lakes, then I developed advanced 'Keys Disease' in 1974. I've been at it so long I got bored with everything, tourist diving, fish and lobster hunting, photography, etc., so I tried farming 15 years ago. That's right I have an aquaculture farm, 4+ miles offshore of Plantation Key/Islamorada, just south of Pennecamp. Talk about fun, I am so hooked on developing an oasis of life in a sand desert just outside the reef line, in 60' of water! Once you get trained up check out how I pay for my serious dive habit: you can search out Terra Sub Aqua on line and when you are ready come on down when I make my expeditions, several times per year. A lot of the folks who have visited also have saltwater aquaria at home to get them though the winter, a little piece of the Keys to enjoy at home.
Have a blast
the Rock Farmer

Attachments

• 0800grp1.jpg
    0800grp1.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 26
  • colorguard.JPG
    colorguard.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 30
Hello, I am a new Ohio diver also, although I am in SW Ohio. My daughter and I just finished our check out dives a few weeks ago. I am sure we will run into each other in the quarries...

glen

Good to see another Ohioan diving, Good luck with the classes and then go diving! you live pretty close to some good spots, quarries and the big lakes! See you in the water

Woot! Ohio divers. Good luck, XF-15.

Back
Top Bottom