Greetings from Ohio!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MarkField

Registered
Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster. This forum has been absolutely invaluable in my scuba education and research.

I got interested in diving while in Maryland, shortly before moving to Ohio (what perfect timing!). It hasn’t stopped me nor my enthusiasm though. There’s several great locations around here to dive, even if they’re fresh water quarries, and the local dive shop communities have been wonderful.

Long term goals include rebreathers and full cave certification. They’re a couple years away still, but I’m not in a huge rush. Both require a heavy investment (in both equipment and skills), and there’s no rushing either. Money will roll in over time, and I’ll continue to exhale it all out underwater in the meantime.

Now that I’ve finally gotten around to making my first posts, maybe I’ll become a bit more active here and step into the light from just lurking in the shadows. Looking forward to all the excellent and sage advice (and heated debates) that awaits my future!

Welcome

Welcome! I’m in the Cleveland area, but building a home on Curacao. 🙋‍♀️

Welcome!

What part of Ohio are you in?
Just outside the Dayton area, so I’m only a couple hours from Gilboa. There’s not a lot in Dayton itself (it isn’t bad per se), but Columbus isn’t far and they’ve got a lot more in terms of LDS support, classes, etc.

Just outside the Dayton area, so I’m only a couple hours from Gilboa. There’s not a lot in Dayton itself (it isn’t bad per se), but Columbus isn’t far and they’ve got a lot more in terms of LDS support, classes, etc.

I am in between Dayton and Cincy. As for Cincy shops I would recommend Cincinnati Scuba and Aquatics and Scuba Unlimited. I do not have much experience with Columbus shops, but Aquatic Adventures has always treated me well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom