Hello from Malaysia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!

Completing your Dive Info will help in future diving discussions. You can use the Quick Links menu above for this. Sizing a photo for your profile or Avatar can be a challenge; I'm a fumbling amateur, but I get the job done, if you'd like any help?

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

don :snorkel:

Hi Jon,

Nice of you to move to KL where you can do lots of nice warm water diving. I am doing the opposite. I have just came to the UK from Singapore and the though of diving in cold water just put me off.

Hi everyone,

It is really nice to see such a friendly board community!

To answer some of the questions... yes it is the wrong time to move to KL the season here is nearly over, however we are here for 3 years and it is a cheap place to travel from :)

I had not dived for the last year due to a prolapsed disc and surgery, so I have a lot of catching up todo, but obviously this has to be gently - no twin-sets for a couple of weeks at least :)

Perhentian island will not be missed, I intend to visit all the Malaysian islands while I am here, and this one has had special mention already, Cathy spent 7 weeks here last year and went there and also Sipodan came out highly recommended from her visit.

Cathy is recovering from the Jellyfish stings.. full range of effects from little bumps to blisters, we will be getting her a full suit before returning next weekend.

As to moving from Singapore to the UK.. dont be afraid of diving in cold water, it is a very different experience inside a drysuit and there is lots to see (honest) make sure you go to Scarpa Flow :)

thanks again for the warm introduction, sharing knowledge is important and this is a great way for divers to share information globally.

kind regards,

Jon

In addition there are some excellent wrecks for deep diving. A very popular one that comes to mind is 7 skys. An oil tanker at about 50 meters. A few other war wrecks from the seconds world war. Labuan has some sites for wreck diving too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom