Hello from Illinois

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Steve, Glad you had a good time at Haigh but I wish I would have known you were there. I was there with another SB'er and had a great dive. I would have gladly sought you out had I known.

If you ever come back to Haigh, please let me know or post a thread on when you are coming. At most times, I and others are available for a dive or three. I am not sure where Iowa City is but Haigh might be a haul for you if you dive Pearl Lake often.

Hi Steve:

Yes there are a lot of people who dive Haigh and are more than willing to take another diver or two...three along with their group. Like Luckydays said, just put a post on about looking for dive buddies for Haigh with the date, or send a PM and we'll see what we can do. (Just don't let Luckydays navigate your dive or who knows where you'll end up. :D)

Sounds like the dive season is going full blast! This post is proof positive that ScubaBoard is the place to go to get hooked up with dive buddies...

Dive safe and ENJOY!!!

Has anyone ever taken a long weekend and went diving in Mermet Springs or the Bonne Terre Mine? I get all kinds of offers to dive in Florida or the Carribean, but since I keep failing to win the lottery, that is really not feasible. Does anyone know of a dive group that travels to locations a bit closer to home? Maybe I am alone in wanting to put some new locations in my log book without having to travel a 1000 miles. If a short weekend dive trip sounds interesting to anyone, I am game if we can pull this together prior to school starting in mid August.

I've been to Haigh several times, you have to get there pretty much when it opens. It's several hours from me since I am in Iowa. It is a nice quarry with pretty good vis and things to see.

Lake Divers? Perk!!! I am in Freeport, IL. near the Rockford area, and would love to get to know other local divers that are interested in diving at Pearl Lake in particular. But, I certainly would be game for wreck diving after some more training! Anyone interested please leave me a message!

We dive Haigh quite a bit during the season. I'm often there with a couple other folks on Thursdays so if you can get off during the week, let me know. Saturdays work too if I'm not working with students.

Wow....I always love it when I reply to a thread that I had already replied to a year ago! :shakehead: Guess I need to learn to read my own stuff! :dork2:

I am new to diving, getting certified memorial day weekend. I am not going to have a buddy a lot of the time and would like to try Haigh. Weekdays are better for me also, so I will try to see if there are people I can meet up with to go diving.

Back
Top Bottom