Hello from Illinois

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am in for either day. Cant make it until 10:30 but can stay for as long as we are going to be there. I may be able to make it earlier if I can get someone to take my place at an appointment I have. Lets confirm either the 18th or 25th soon.

Thanks for the pm Rob, I would have never seen this if you did not.

Let's plan on the 18th. That gives us the 25th as a back-up in case it doesn't work. So far the possible group is Clifflaw, Luckydays, Dwightfrie, Jbres1, and myself. And whomever else comes along. We'll confirm and pick starting times as we get closer.

Excellent, June 18th is on my calendar and I will be there. I look forward to seeing everyone, again. And diving too!

Shall I post a thread in the Wrecking Crew for those that will look there? (Just in case they wont see this thread)

Shall I post a thread in the Wrecking Crew for those that will look there? (Just in case they wont see this thread)[/QUOTE]

Sure!

Sounds like we have a good group for June 18th. We can meet at haigh between 10:00 and 10:30 AM. Anybody else who wants to come is welcome.

Does anybody shore dive into Lake Michigan? If so, where?

Also, as I posted, some of us are going down to Haigh again this Thurs (June 25) around 10AM. Anybody else is welcome.

Lakefront Park in Hammond, IN has the "no name" wreck and a break wall you can dive. The wreck is an easy swim off shore, only about 12 feet deep. The breakwall often has some nice fish.

My wife and I tried Haigh Quarry for the first time last Sunday after years of going to Pearl Lake. Way more aquatic life, interest rock formations, less man-made sunken things, and just as crowded with people doing their cert dives.

So are there people here that go to either on a regular basis to meet up with? We live in Iowa City and do not know anyone else who dives. There were quite a few groups out there in Haigh, and we felt like we were just by ourselves.

Back
Top Bottom