Hello from Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d3v1l6

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Been lurking this sight since I was certified last year, figure I should post something here.

Basic info: 30yo beginners from Edmonton, Alberta. I'm in the Cdn Military, my wife is in sales and is a certified yoga instructor, teaching part-time.

Wife and I got our OW cert in June 08 at the Club Med In Turks and Caicos. I thought the diving was awesome, so much to see and do. Even though I was handed some faulty kit (I basically was loosing air out of one component or another on every dive), I think the dive operation and staff were exceptional.

We've just started thinking about heading down to the Caribbean in August. She's looking to do some Yoga, spa treatments, dining and diving, I however plan on being underwater as much as possible, obtaining my AOW and some other specialties. Looking at LaSource in Grenada right now.

After that, I'll be planning a trip to Iceland for next year. The Silfra rift looks absolutely spectacular.

Cheers

:devil:

Last edited:
I have been snorkeling there (Flamingo Bay) twice now and the water is very warm but very green. Visibility was about 20 feet both times. I've been to LaSource and it's nice there, lots of tourist. The waters off of Bonaire and Aruba were crystal clear and warm but the islands were not much to look at, very desert like conditions unlike Greneda. Research it before you commit to it.

Good luck

Interesting, from what I've read here, the diving in Grenada is half decent. Like I said, I'm hoping to get my AOW on this trip, allowing me to check out the BIANCA C wreck site and start working on the undewater photography skills. At the same time, Grenada seems to offer some topside attractions, including food (I LOVE food).

That being said, I'm open to suggestions, keeping in mind my wife wants her yoga!

Don't get me wrong, I snorkeled only on one part of the island. I believe it it is the Southwest side of Grenada. I took an island tour and found the island smells like spices throughout. Don't forget to visit the rainforest at the top of the island. I suppose your wife can yoga anywhere. Careful with the Rum punch, chase it with water or else.......POW!!!!
Not sure if my postings helped but I wish you fun

Definately helps, with the number of travel destinations availabe in that part of the world, any info is useful.

Now to start shopping for some of the basics. Figure even beginners can afford to own their own masks, scubas, wetsuits and fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom