Hello, everyone!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

96hokies

Reaction score
Hi! My husband and I just finished our open water certifications about a month ago. Found this board today and figured we could learn a lot.

We are planning on the following trips next year:
Florida in spring to swim with manatees
Jamacia in summer (for a wedding)
Maybe NC wrecks somewhere in the middle???

Bonaire and Cozumel are on the "list" but might have to wait a while.

Just wanted to say hello! Off to read more about dive computers!
Oh, and we live in Roanoke, VA.

96hokies

Hey, welcome.
this site is a great resource to have.
btw cozumel is a great place to dive
have fun:)

And welcome to Scuba Board. :hi: And yes, it's a good place to learn. :thumb:

I played with a manatee trio on the bay side of Key Largo once. Super experience, alone worth the trip! While you're in the state, though, get on down to K-Largo. Nice shallow reef dives there are great for newbies. I've always avoided Jamacia, but love Roatan walls, Cozumel drift rides, and hot springs on the reefs of Nevis.

And the North Carolina wrecks are super diving, when you're experienced enough. Flew there twice this year. If you'd like to look over my report...

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38553

When you buy computers, may I suggest Nitrox compatible, as you'll be glad you did in no time. I like the large screens and numbers of the Versa Pro, as well as the audible alarms, but you can read for days on the computer forum.

don

Thanks, Don.
We wouldn't pick Jamacia but my brother-in-law is getting married there so we have to make the best of it!

As for the computer: looks like the Suunto Vyper is tops on our list at the moment. (hope I spelled that right)

Hey, welcome to the board. If you go to Cuzumel you'll love it there. I went this summer and had a ball. Also thumbs up on the vyper, its a great computer.:thumb:

Welcome to Scubaboard. There is all kinds of great and useful information on this board. It's like going to a LDS for info except you get unbiased information and are not being pressured into buying something!:D

Jambi

Hey Hokie,

Welcome to the board. Yup, there's all sorts of great info here, no matter what you want to know.
Even though the diving kinda sucks in Jamaica, it's a neat island, and I'm sure you'll make the most of it.
Roanoke, eh? I spent a few months in Lexington recently. Beautiful place, great hiking, but I just couldn't get past the 'landlocked' feeling. So even though I may be out of my mind, I'm back in New England for the winter....on the seacoast. YEAH!

Someday I hope to dive some of those wrecks off the Va. and Carolinas coast.

Enjoy your visits here.
Beck

Welcome 96hokies! This is a great resource to find answers to any questions you might have. I'm off to Coz in a month or so myself. Fantastic diving there!!

I found this site tonight also...I feel like a kid in a candy store.

Hope to see you around the site.:froggy:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom