Hello and intro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yank

Registered
Reaction score
I am a new diver this year. I got certified in our cold inland lake in late June. I did my first 7 dives in early July on the West Coast at Victoria BC (including Race Rocks) and I love it. I have been waiting a long time to start diving and now I am able to do it. Got my spouse to take the course, and I wasn't sure if she was committed... until she went for her open water on our Thanksgiving weekend in October.
I have been out (one day) almost every weekend since July and I have over 35 dives, including a completed Advanced Course. I have my own gear now and can dive whenever I can get away. Unfortunately, it's almost a 2 hr drive to the lake. I will probably be at the lake this Sunday and will be out again Nov 28, 29 30 for a "die hard" weekend, and on Dec 14 for a club dive. It's a bit cold out now, but diving is still possible. There's no competition for parking spots at the lake right now. I will have to stop when the lake freezes over. After that, I will have to go south or wait for thick ice in March when the clubs have an ice dive. Anyway, can't wait. We're looking at Coz for late Jan.- fingers crossed..
GTG - my gear needs to be ready for the weekend.

Hi to DandyDon - thanks for the prompt.

See U in the water ! Yank (Canuck) :D:blbounce:

Welcome to the Scuba Board! :hi: I know, you've been her for a few days, but I'd glad to see you posting your Intro.

:cold: You Canadian local divers amaze me. Our idea of a cold practice dive here is 62 F at Blue Hole New Mexico, but then - it's a boring hole. If there was more to see and do, even in colder water, I guess I do it, too. I'm looking forward to the DUI fieldday they're having again at that hole in two weeks, after I get back from Cozumel. I fear I may buy a dry suit this time, but then - I'd like to do Puget Sound sometime.

Enjoy! don

Thanks Don , I am going to Coz too.. Jan 25- feb 6 hopefully.
Maybe see you there... enjoy.
Also, Puget sounds fantastic ! pardon the pun.

To the Scuba Board!
Thats great to hear your spouse and you can share the same sport. I've been thru Summerland and Pentitin all the way up to kitamat. if you are coming to Coz in jan why dont you meet up with Dandy Don and me. and we can do some shore dives or hit the town :band: or both. Mike

welcome aboard to a fellow canuck!!

Hi Yank I am Julie

Julie

Hi everybody . Hi Mike , Julie & Canuckdiver.

Sorry I was away ... last weekend was "diehard " weekend at the lake. First for me.
37F water And below 0 F air temperature, but the diving was great. Good vis & saw schools of minnows, chased a smallmouth with our lights at 70. We had a fantastic dinner at the cabin- about 15 of us, and it was a good social event. Beer & hot tub not bad, either. Learned lots from the very experienced divers at DH weekend.
Also, was in the pool last night. Missed Monday pool because I was building a cabinet for the dive gear.

As for Coz, I have been delayed to Feb26- regrets , I was hoping to meet up with Don & buddies. I am going now -we're booked. Couldn't get our January flights because we waited too long.

"Coney Island" dive plannned at Lake of the Woods for Dec 14... I will be there. (Current = o.w.)

I plan to do the ice dive Jan 10...can't wait !!!

If the lake isn't frozen over this next weekend ( or 2), I will try to go dive .

Hope you can get wet . Yank

from Lotusland. And another dual-citizen (I'm guessing).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom