Hello and how do I ... ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sail 'n Dive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there scuba boarders. Like a lot of divers out there, I have been using your forums for info for a while now and I thought I should register and say hello and possibly add my two cents now and then. I am a new diver -- 37 logged dives so far, having been certified about two years ago.
Now can you folks tell me -- what is the best way for me to find a dive buddy when I travel to California this June (I live in upstate New York, and this will be a side trip to Catalina Is. after I attend a conference in the LA area.) I have already read several posts to the SoCal forum with interest, and the "sticky" about Catalina Is., which was tremendously helpful. But should I just start a thread on the SoCal forum; or post a message elsewhere.
Thanks for creating such a terrific service, especially for divers shopping for gear and looking for travel tips !

Sail 'n Dive:
Hi there scuba boarders. Like a lot of divers out there, I have been using your forums for info for a while now and I thought I should register and say hello and possibly add my two cents now and then. I am a new diver -- 37 logged dives so far, having been certified about two years ago.
Now can you folks tell me -- what is the best way for me to find a dive buddy when I travel to California this June (I live in upstate New York, and this will be a side trip to Catalina Is. after I attend a conference in the LA area.) I have already read several posts to the SoCal forum with interest, and the "sticky" about Catalina Is., which was tremendously helpful. But should I just start a thread on the SoCal forum; or post a message elsewhere.
Thanks for creating such a terrific service, especially for divers shopping for gear and looking for travel tips !

Lots of people check this forum, so you are off to a start.

Posting in the California Kelp Divers forum is another good place to try.

You might also want to try posting in the single's club. There are a lot of people there looking for buddies on upcomming trips.

Good luck, I am sure you will like diving in California, I dove there for the first time last November and I am already making trip number 3 the beginning of may. Hoping to hit Catalina this time!

Welcome to ScubaBoard :D

Welcome to SB, now go home!

Just kiddin, welcome and I hope you get all the info you need.
Chris

scubapolly:
Posting in the California Kelp Divers forum is another good place to try.
QUOTE]

Polly's right, just post in the SoCal/Kelpdivers forum and you'll probably have no trouble finding someone around here to dive with.. If you can handle the chilly water, you'll love diving in SoCal.. Do you plan to dive anywhere besides Catalina? La Jolla & Laguna have excellent dive sites for the not-so-experienced diver..
:)

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Hello Sail 'n Dive, my name is Matt. I would like to welcome you to ScubaBoard Community!

Take care and Safe Diving. :butnhome:

Click here to greet a new member!
:thumb:
No experience needed and it feels great!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom