HELLO TO EVERYONE FROM NEW YORK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A SB Manhattan meet up ? Am I invited ?

Welcome! Dove with a couple from NY down in Key West a few months ago. They told me they'd never seen 10 ft vis!

Welcome given to a New Yorker from the other New York...

Attachments

• 9756DD45-F1B4-4EE4-BE15-F0A726E3DBB4.png
    9756DD45-F1B4-4EE4-BE15-F0A726E3DBB4.png
    387.9 KB · Views: 48
Welcome from Nova Scotia and a Yonkers native. If you dive locally, there something online called Beach Diving, NY/NJ-- something like that anyway. I was at a PADI meeting years ago in FL and I told an instructor I fished in the Hudson by standing waste deep. He said-- "Hope you put a plug in your arsehole and a bandaid on your peepee".

The Hudson is so clean now they had to rebuild all the wooden piers on the West Side because the marine bores came back. We live across from Inwood Park and can watch the Bald Eagles flying around looking for fish. Mostly, though, they just ride the ice flows and grab the fish out of the water. Lazy buggers.

The Hudson is so clean now they had to rebuild all the wooden piers on the West Side because the marine bores came back. We live across from Inwood Park and can watch the Bald Eagles flying around looking for fish. Mostly, though, they just ride the ice flows and grab the fish out of the water. Lazy buggers.
Yeah I know. No more '70s jokes like "it just burned down" or "you can walk across it-- no it's not frozen".

There's always the Kill Van kull though....
I remember hearing not too many years ago where someone got the idea to use that water in their darkroom to see if it partially developed their negative film or paper. (Yes, some people still use the darkroom and analogue photography!)
And yes, there was some chemical reaction using that water.

It's the only New York.

Welcome to SB. If you ever want to get together for drinks and obsessive conversation, let me know. My wife doesn't let me talk about scuba at home anymore.
you weren't talking to me, but I'd gladly talk obsessively about scuba. my husband doesn't dive and doesn't get it LOL.
not finished with open water, but I'm a huge nerd and read a lot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom