Helicopter turns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xwhitesmokex:
great link reefguy.. .. greatly appreciate it.thank you.
and thanks for any extra info you can post michael..

I believe I have several others but, I think the one ReefGuy posted was the best link for videos I've found.

Michael

You know, it should be pointed out here that if you really want "how to" videos you should probably buy the DVD from the guys who spent money and time making them...instead of illegally downloading it off the Internet.

Just my two cents.

Didn't realize they were illegal. I've been looking to get the DIR 2004 With Jarrod Jablonski and George Irvine 3-DVD set, approximately 8 hours NTSC video. Are those videos off this dvd? If so, I'll buy the video tonight.

Michael

Wow -- That's upsetting, to see somebody putting the DVD up like that.

The DVDs from which those clips came are made by 5thD-X (www.5thd-x.com). They are very nice DVDs, with beautiful examples of correctly performed skills well photographed. Each DVD also includes a powerpoint presentation of information that goes along with the skills. The DVDs are "Essentials", for basic skills; "Intro to Tech", which includes SMB deployment and valve drills, and "Tech" which includes bottle switching and line skills. I have all three, and they were worth the money.

The guys who took the time to put them together are really nice people, too, and passionate about teaching diving. I think they deserve the money for the DVDs.

I don't want to make this a conflict thread on a note that i ask for principal education and this would not be the principal for me to be remembered by, BUT ...

Is this board not for networking, education, connecting with other divers like minded?

Did everyone learn their skills from just knowing them, NO, we have all learned from buying videos, reading books, and THEN sharing with others. Maybe people don't have all the money to take these classes but still would like to enhance the PRINCINPALS OF DOING IT RIGHT, which is what most people preach in this board. Education, doing things safely and "RIGHT", while having a good time.

If not for this board and the kind informative people in it where would YOU be in your diving experience?

give me a break..... at any point, it could be a learning advantage to prepare for future advance classes if not just for better, safer diving.. instead of making fun of people for not knowing...either way knowledge is knowledge.. and besides if you want the certification, you eventually will have to pay for it..

Let they who have not taken from others, cast the first stone.

EDIT: my apologies to pengwe !!

mwhities:
Didn't realize they were illegal. I've been looking to get the DIR 2004 With Jarrod Jablonski and George Irvine 3-DVD set, approximately 8 hours NTSC video. Are those videos off this dvd? If so, I'll buy the video tonight.

Michael
I believe downloading those clips is not illegal. Those clips are available at several sites for a quite long time.

DIR 2004 set does not contain these clips or any othe clip showing how to perform kicks or drills.

TSandM:
Wow -- That's upsetting, to see somebody putting the DVD up like that.

The DVDs from which those clips came are made by 5thD-X (www.5thd-x.com).
These are not the same clips as on DVD. Nobody ripped DVD and posted clips to Internet, no need to be upset. Clips at posted site are olders ones and they are publicly available for a quite long time. I don't know for sure if it's legal to download it but I guess authors are aware of several sites hosting them.

Thanks for the tips, Scubaboard buddies. I have progressed from being completely incapable to woefully inept. 'Scooping' seems to help.

I learned the helicopter kick all on my own. I started by becoming proficient in the frog kick. Then I just got in the water and figured out the helicopter kick. Never saw one before I taught myself. Just thought about the principles involved with that kind of kick, practiced, figured out what worked and what didn't, and went from there. When I had the helicopter kicks down pat, it just felt right.

I recommend playing around in the water to see what works. Practice was the key. Eventually it just feels right.

Mike

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom