Helicopter rides of the keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnnyscience

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
So as I plan on a Key Largo dive or snorkel trip, I'm trying to think of anything else to do.

Diving the reefs and eating the freshest seafood everyday is really the only priority lol

But then it dawned on my that a helicopter ride around Key Largo and the Keys to see the reefs from the air would be a really cool experience.

Are there any services like this down around that area?

No clue how much something like this would cost. There would be 2 of us & if I could do it for less than $200 a person, I would do it for sure!

Thanks!

Awesome, thanks for that link!

Seems we can get a reasonably cool 20-25 min tour for $150-$200.
Would love to go the full hour for $450 each, but that's a bit too rich for my blood lol

Awesome, thanks for that link!

Seems we can get a reasonably cool 20-25 min tour for $150-$200.
Would love to go the full hour for $450 each, but that's a bit too rich for my blood lol

20-25 mins is more than enough. You'll have a blast. Enjoy!

Hopefully its NOT in a Robinson:)

Lol I don't know what those are and hopefully it's just an inside joke and not a warning lol

The 2 and 4 seater robinsos have lycoming piston engines, some people have an an aversion to piston engined helicopters. The 2 seaters are used a bit up North for cattle mustering, and I believe more than a few have crashed and burnt, but I have no firsthand knowledge

Yep, make sure it’s a turbine engine...2 if possible :wink:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom