Heaviest backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your best strategy is to buy two identical 6lb/3kg stainless backplates and just bolt them together. Way more affordable than a 6mm plate.

I've never seen it done, but maybe you could even manage this with 3 of them... now THAT's a plate.

DSS w/ weight plates? Mine (long pattern) comes in at nearly 16# naked....

DSS with the weight plates is your best commercially available option. Plates will add 8-10lbs to the SS plates which are 6-8lbs already. So figure 14-18lbs for somewhere around $380 or so?

FredT is still making plates as well and he has a few of the big boys left in stock, similar price when finished, about $50 cheaper when not, same ish weight. 316 instead of 308 stainless, but no grommets and the plates might not be finished so you may have to finish yourself.

Nice thing with Tobins is the plates come off if you're travelling or go to doubles...

I remember a post from Netdoc where he has a heavy Fred T plate he is not using. May want to send him a PM.

You can sometimes find them on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom