Heated vests

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orion612004

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have some work coming up later this month off Block and I am looking into heated vests. For those that have heated vests, which one? Thoughts?

I’m quite happy with my Thermolution vest, as it has a wireless controller on my wrist with 3 modes. I’d say it lasts in the 3 to 5 hour range.

That is the one I am currently looking at. Which model do you have? Does the wireless controller work well? Are there any external components aside from the controller? What undergarments are you using?

Last edited:
I have some work coming up later this month off Block and I am looking into heated vests. For those that have heated vests, which one? Thoughts?
Are you diving wet or dry?

I’m quite happy with my Thermolution vest, as it has a wireless controller on my wrist with 3 modes. I’d say it lasts in the 3 to 5 hour range.
Kosta, do find available real estate being short with having the controller and PDC's on your wrist or do you place the controller in the bicep area?

Kosta, do find available real estate being short with having the controller and PDC's on your wrist or do you place the controller in the bicep area?

Drysuit

I don’t have an issue with real estate on my arm. On my right I have my Shearwater Perdix (with cutter case/eezycut), the Thermalution controller, and a compass.

I've used a few and now use the SANTI vest.

Quite a few others have the thermulation and just store the fob in their dry suit pocket.

_R

The only time I've ever encountered a heated vest it was on a buddy I was diving with off the Channel Islands. He received minor burns from it. I don't remember the make, etc.

Back
Top Bottom