Heated undergarment connectors, AKA when standardization fails

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisMBC

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
50% informational, 50% cautionary note for future generations, 50% rant:

If anyone else is looking at the Lightmonkey Heated Base and their Santi Thermovalve, consider using the two together, and thankfully note that the two connectors are the same - you'd be right! However, also very wrong. While Lightmonkey and Santi both appear to use the exact same connector family (the Chogori standard range), Santi uses the female/female connector on the garment side, and the male/male connector on the valve side. Lightmonkey does the opposite, male/male on the garment side. Somehow, I didn't notice this until I was suiting up at the dive site, excited to try my Lightmonkey top for the first time.

So, I'll have to make a female --> female adapter (or sub out the connector on the undergarment...still deciding). For anyone wondering, the connector parts are 22002431-01 for the female/female, and 22002131-01 for the male/male.

So close, yet so far.....

Same issue. New Santi undersuit. Did not plug into the standard bulkhead that my Scubaforce stuff plugged into.

My fix was to change the connector on the Santi. I had a correct match that came with the SiTech inflator. But Santi had to make things difficult. The screw together connector would not unscrew. Bound and determined I kept going until I broke it. They had superglued the threads so the connector was no longer serviceable. After that, my only fix was to change the suit connector. Works perfect now.

That reminds me, I need to find a new inner O-ring for that connector. In my fussing about taking connectors apart and stuff I pulled that inner connector to connector O-ring out and split it. I'm not running one at all at the moment. Might be a good thing to have when I get back in salt water again, and it finds a leak.

I was looking for the undersuit plugs as I was wanting to make a long cord so I can use the undersuit without the drysuit (random sitting around in the cold activities) Searched the part numbers above and I think they are wrong for my stuff. Those show up as "push lock" connections. But my standard drysuit connections are threaded. I am looking at 22002211-01 and 22002411-01 as a match. Not saying Chris is wrong for his application, but it looks like there may be other options in the standard connections category. I'll order some up the first of the year and see if they match my stuff.

And if you want to look at all the options, here is the datasheet.

I think there might be more than one ‘standard’ at play. FWIW, mine are definitely the push-connect style rather than threaded, and those part numbers are what I bought and are working happily on my heated stuff.

All that said, I’d probably be happier if they were threaded….

This thread reminds of of dealing with propane-adapters for an RV. I wanted to be able to attach and external propane tank, and long-story-short, I ended up buying about 2x the propane-adapters I needed in the process of figuring out which ones were the correct sizes, and needing to link up about 3-4 adapters in total.

This thread reminds of of dealing with propane-adapters for an RV. I wanted to be able to attach and external propane tank, and long-story-short, I ended up buying about 2x the propane-adapters I needed in the process of figuring out which ones were the correct sizes, and needing to link up about 3-4 adapters in total.
Well next time that happens send me a line, happy to help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom