Heart Rate Monitor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fafi2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hello, newbie here. Im looking for. a heart rate monitor on the dive computer that monitors heart rate during the dive. The scubapro chest strap has received mixed reviews for accuracy and i wondered if there were alternatives out there? Ive looked on line but most computers seem to give heart rate AFTER the dive, but i need a real time heart monitor DURING the dive. Any advice please? many thanks

Not sure why the personal certs are relevant. I doubt you'll find one, as they're largely worthless and not providing useful data whilst in water.

Wahoo manufacturers one with a built in memory if you're inclined to try it inside of a drysuit.

Just a thought Garmin dive watches do HeartRate monitoring in realtime and you would have a "backup" computer. Heartrate measured on the wrist is not going to be as accurate as a chest strap but unless you need very accurate data it should be a good compromise. I run so updating my Garmin 245 to a Garmin Decent G1 was an easy call.

Any particular reason for wanting to know your heart rate during the dive? You should be all calm and relaxed, working when diving isn't a great thing :cool:

There's a dive computer that was discussed on here a while back that has a chest strap for heart rate monitoring. At least then you might get a chart of heart rate vs depth so you can tie "events" together.

Just a thought Garmin dive watches do HeartRate monitoring in realtime and you would have a "backup" computer. Heartrate measured on the wrist is not going to be as accurate as a chest strap but unless you need very accurate data it should be a good compromise. I run so updating my Garmin 245 to a Garmin Decent G1 was an easy call.
What Oldschool45 said … My friend dives with one and likes it

What Oldschool45 said … My friend dives with one and likes it
A friend of mine bought one over the summer and it was nearly £2,000, but I will ask her because maybe there's a cheaper version!

Any particular reason for wanting to know your heart rate during the dive? You should be all calm and relaxed, working when diving isn't a great thing :cool:

There's a dive computer that was discussed on here a while back that has a chest strap for heart rate monitoring. At least then you might get a chart of heart rate vs depth so you can tie "events" together.
I looked on Scubaboard and it seems to be the Scubapro being discussed and there is a few posts on it not working well. I have noticed other chest strap brands available but it seems theyre only for running.

The Garmin Decent G1 (not the Solar version) runs around $450 USD quite a few places including Garmin's site and it is rated to 100 meters. The Garmin fitness watches are useful for health metrics beyond just diving like; pulse o2, sleep, Vo2 max etc.
I use a chest strap monitor for running but do so rarely mainly because its a pain to use and uncomfortable compared to the acceptable accuracy for the wrist numbers.

I have a Garmin fit bit type watch that's waterproof to 140ft. You can use it to monitor your heart rate real time. I normally look after diving out of curiosity.

Back
Top Bottom