Heart attack boarding - Grand Canary Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I plan to start spending two weeks backpacking in Denali on my 80th b-day and every year there after until I don't make it back. Birthday is in November so...
:eek:

And I thought my end plans were odd. I want half of my cremains buried in the family plot, the other half next to a young girl murdered a century ago with no one else wanting to be buried close to her. I had a photo request thru Findagrave for her plot, found it unmarked, found some info on her broken family, and it bothered me which is what got me to making concrete markers. Around 250 so far. I leave flowers on hers when I do that for family members around the small town cemetery, and I made ten concrete markers for myself with different death years so the one that fits will be ready. The others can actually be turned over and used to make a patio. :)

I knew a guy that died rolling out on landing during an airshow a few years back. Somehow his brakes locked, the tail lifted, prop bit the runway, and the plane flipped over forward. Died immediately. I thought "at least he went doing what he loved most."

I'd take that anytime over drooling on my hospital smock with a full diaper.

OMMOHY

I noticed a long time ago that living to a ripe old age doesn't look like something anyone should hope to achieve.

3 of my grandparents are 93... no thank you
I think it really depends on the person. Most of my relatives that lived that long were slowing down, but still mentally more-or-less "with it" up until the last year or so. That last year was awful. (Other relatives died younger, often of nasty cancers. That's not really better than the ravages of old age. )

On the other hand, several older friends I've watched died far too slowly. Several had serious medical interventions to save their lives when, if they were still fully mentally cognizant, they might have declined. (Not DNR kinds of things; more like "we'll have to amputate the leg of this 90 year old patient with diabetes who is in a coma following a stroke and will die if we don't do it." For better or worse, the sweet old guy pulled through and lived another 6 months or so. )

I think it really depends on the person. Most of my relatives that lived that long were slowing down, but still mentally more-or-less "with it" up until the last year or so. That last year was awful.
Yep, in so many ways. I hope that when my end days approach that I still am able to fly myself to a state with legally assisted suicide, but I hope it's a decade away at least. My younger brother survived a hard fight with colon cancer over a decade ago, but the treatments were rough, and nowadays there's just not much of him left - certainly not enough to make that kind of decision.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom