Heard some whales, then heard something else and looked up....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The exact same thing happened to me today while shore diving at the Sheraton! I started to hear a strange clicking and chirping noise and as I was looking around at my gear checking for bubbles I saw a pod of dolphins right above me! It blew my mind! They didn't stick around long, but fortunately, 5 minutes later I stumbled upon a manta cleaning station... there was one manta cruising around getting some work done. AMAZING! And don't even get me started on the akuli (sp?) ball on the way back!

I love this place!!!

You found the akule ball, cool! I haven't been to that one down there but I've been hearing about it for several years. There was one started back in November off the pier in town, nowhere near as large as the one that was fished out in Kaiua bay a few years back, but it was fabulous for me and the student I was with. I can watch those as long as I've got air... mesmerizing.

Incredible video... thanks for posting. (Why don't I ever get to see anything like that?)

WOW, great video, thanks for sharing. My wife and I are looking forward to diving with you in a few weeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom