Healthy reefs!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divenski

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
EVERY DIVER who goes to Cozumel, Cancun, Belize or Honduras should watch this video!! One of the producers is the Smithsonian Institution - a reputible scientific institution.

The future of good diving depends on understanding reef health and being willing to help.

Watch YouTube - Wanted Healthy Reefs English Version. It's only 8 minutes of your time.

Great Video. I think everyone who travels to Belize or other countries along the reef should watch it before they go.

I have travelled to Belize 4 times since 2006, each time to the same resort inside the world heritage site, and I have noticed a difference. The locals are starting to get concerned about the abuse of the reef system. There seems to be alot less poaching and alot more concern over the health of the reef system. There is a fisheries representative stationed right on the resort and he keeps a close eye on the boat traffic and is always willing to teach conservation. Overall I would say that it is making a difference. There seemed to be more fish life around on my last trip and the reef actually looked healthy.

I think the people of Belize are heading in the right direction, and although I don't get to eat lobster and conch like I used to it makes me feel good to know that I am doing my part in helping to preserve the reef system so that I may enjoy it for many years to come.

That was an excellent video. Thank you for posting. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom