Info 4K HDR Video "Scuba Diving in the Red Sea, Egypt, Sinai (2022)"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laval

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Please watch my latest video “Scuba Diving in the Red Sea, Egypt, Sinai in 4K HDR” will bring you to the best dive sites and shipwrecks of the Red Sea, and show what you can expect to see underwater during a 7-day long “Sinai Wrecks & Reefs” diving safari.

This trip took place in August 2022, and it was organized and led by Massimo Franzese (aka Interceptor121) for underwater photographers and videographers, hence the name “2022 Image Makers Liveaboard”.

We have to complement Massimo for the success of this trip. He used to work in this region as a dive instructor, which, combined with his underwater photography and videography skills, helped him to choose the best time for each dive. One of the great benefits of this trip was that every evening Massimo would review our photos and footage, and give us advice on how to improve.

Our boat, the Snefro Pearl, with its fantastic crew, made our trip very comfortable and enjoyable. Although most of the crew did not speak English well, they were always eager to help us.

With respect to marine life, we were pleasantly surprised how healthy the corrals were, with absolutely no signs of coral bleaching. The water was warm, crystal clear and unbelievably blue.

The most unforgettable part of this trip was snorkeling and diving with a family of wild dolphins. I counted 21 of them. Diving the Thistlegorm shipwreck was very interesting as well.

Overall, this Image Makers Liveaboard trip exceeded my expectations. I hope that Massimo will keep organizing Underwater Image Makers Trips in the future so I can join him for more fun diving and continue improving my videography skills.

Underwater Video Equipment used:
Camera: Sony camcorder PXW Z90
Housing: Gates AX700 / Z90 with Gates GP34A Wide Angle Port and internal UR Pro Red Filter
Video Lights: Keldan Video 8X 11000 Lumen, CRI 92 (5400K)
Keldan Ambient Filter M1 (10-20m) for 4X/8X
Camera Settings:
4K, 30 FPS
Picture Profile: PP10 (HLG);
Gamma: HLG2;
Color Mode: BT2020
Above water camera: iPhone 13 Max Pro

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom