healthy dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would venture a guess that most scuba divers are basically happy people who are out enjoying life ...

Some of the threads I read on ScubaBoard give me cause to wonder how true that is ... :depressed:

But perhaps that's just the difference between diving in water and diving on the Internet ... :popcorn:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I would guess there is some significant caloric expenditures when diving regularly. The heat you lose has to be replaced. How much that is would of course depend on the conditions you're diving, but it should apply to nearly everyone.

Add in lugging gear, exposure to sun and fresh air, mental health benefits, inducement to refrain from or stop smoking, inducement to engage in cardio exercise apart from diving, and probably a few other things, i wouldn't be surprised to find that long-time regular divers are on average more healthy than the general population.

And on a purely speculative note, it's known that hyperbaric treatment is beneficial in many ways, and it's easy to think that the same benefits might be had from scuba diving.

Back
Top Bottom