healthy dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would think one would get even more benefits diving with nitrox with HBOT in mind. Faster healing for inflammatory conditions for example.

The gearing up & down and walking to the shore can be a bit of excersise. If you swim fast to cover a lot of distance definately. I notice that after some dives I can lose 3-4 pounds, while after more relaxing ones very little change.

I notice that after some dives I can lose 3-4 pounds, while after more relaxing ones very little change.

Do you pee when you dive? Pee on every/no dive?

Fast weight loss: What's wrong with it? - MayoClinic.com

mayoclinic:
Remember that 1 pound (0.45 kilogram) of fat contains 3,500 calories. So you need to burn 500 more calories than you eat each day to lose 1 pound a week (500 calories x 7 days = 3,500 calories). If you lose a lot of weight very quickly, it may not be fat that you're losing. It might be water weight or even lean tissue, since it's hard to burn that many fat calories in a short period.

Here is a web page that claims scuba diving for 30 minutes burns 287 calories (180 lb man, no height). :confused:

Swimming: Calories Burned : Men's Health

Last edited:
If you mean diving as Excersie or substitute for working out. If you were diving atleast 3 times a week I could see diving as excersing. It is a workout getting all geared up and un geared etc.

Unless your one of those divers who end every dive with a 6 pack.
I don't consider diving as a acceptable replacement for a regular workout routine.

Do you pee when you dive? Pee on every/no dive?
Diving definately helps eleviate water weight gain most definately...:blush:

When i work as a dive instructor i keep the weight off, actually im more fit and look better than i ever have in my life with way less effort. I dont run, or even swim routinely, just work on the boat diving and teaching. Long days, proper food, and continuous diving seem to be doing it. And I'm deffinately not good at cutting down on the beers, nothing is better after a 10 hour work day on the ocean! But when I get sick, I SUFFER! Cant equalize for days and days after a minor cold, always have to battle with echinacea and Cold-fx etc etc.

But I figure the more High pressure O2 you can get, the better! (to limits of course... diving on air aint gonna burn your lungs out! hah!)

I've gotten hugely stronger since I started diving. Schlepping doubles will do that to you . . .

Back
Top Bottom