Heads Up Spanish Rocks!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We drove past Spanish Rocks on Saturday... looked like they had just poured a new sidewalk or something. We dove the barge - visibility decreased from 5 ft. down to about 2-3 as the tide came in. Barely missed a 6" jellyfish on the swim out. Picked up a couple of shells and found 2 small 3" octopi hiding inside when we came ashore. Makes me wonder where mama hangs out...

I hope that is all. We were just trying to figure out the logisitics for crabbing on Saturday.

By the time you get all the way down there we will be on our 2nd tank. I'll try and leave a couple small ones for you. :D

Any status update on the parking lot - was hoping to go out to Spanish Rocks tomorrow (10/18). Driving from Tampa and don't want a wasted trip if we gotta lug gear too far.

Vizibility is about 6", don't waste your time. Watching the Bucs might be more productive!

Any status update on the parking lot - was hoping to go out to Spanish Rocks tomorrow (10/18). Driving from Tampa and don't want a wasted trip if we gotta lug gear too far.

They just re-did the sidewalk. Paring lot is open. If ya go, you going crabbing?

Winds are supposed to be 15-18 knots out of the north, 2' seas - probably not worth the trip. We were hoping to go as well, but not looking good. :depressed:

Winds are supposed to be 15-18 knots out of the north, 2' seas - probably not worth the trip. We were hoping to go as well, but not looking good. :depressed:

That's right I forgot about that for a moment. It is going to be h-e-double toothpicks out there this weekend. I think I am going to the springs (yes people that did come out of my mouth :tongue:).

That's right I forgot about that for a moment. It is going to be h-e-double toothpicks out there this weekend. I think I am going to the springs (yes people that did come out of my mouth :tongue:).

Hell has frozen over... In the same weekend, MissD will dive a Spring and I fixed a ceiling fan... Kiss your butts goodbye, the Apocolypse is here!

Which springs?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom