Heading to Ft. Lauderdale.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TeqP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
OK, so 2 buddies and I will be in Ft. Lauderdale next Thursday to do some diving. We are diving with Dixiedivers. My biggest question is what can we expect for visibility after this hurricane next Thurs - Sat? We are staying in Deerfield Beach. We plan on diving Thursday morning with Dixdive all day Friday and two dives on Saturday with them. My next question is what are the good spots for us to do a couple of beach dives Thursday and Saturday?
My last question is does anyone want to meet up and show us to nice beach diving spots? The locals may know hard to find spots, etc. As for our experience, I am close to 100 dives, most in So Cal waters. My 2 buddies have about 35-50 dives all in SoCal waters.

Thanks for the input.

Can't wait to get out of the 7mm wetsuit,
Phil

Hiya
After this weekend, I am sure there will be diving next weekend...weather permitting. There is a good bunch of us that do beach diving. I understand there will be a Beach dive planned for Pompano Beach on Saturday, but don't know if its been posted yet or not.

Scuba_Jenny:
but don't know if its been posted yet or not.

It's posted...check out the trips and happenings...

Dixie Divers in Deerfield is where I got my cert. The Lady Go Diver is a good boat but could use a bit more space(any boat could for that matter). Pavan is the owner of the shop, so Just ask him, Serge the DM, or anyone that works there, and they would be happy to direct you to some good spots that would have somewhat good conditions post-hurricane.
There is a map I believe is called Top Spot. It is a marine map with the 'best' fishing and diving spots plotted on it in GPS and Loran coordinates. If you have the time, look for it in the Greater Fort Lauderdale edition.

I saw the old posting lead-in line "Heading to Ft. Lauderdale", and I thought it was an earlier posting from Hurricane Katrina. Just one week ago, they decided to close schools in Broward and Palm Beach counties on Thursday and Friday and look what the storm did in the next 168 hours.
Don't expect great offshore viz. Right at this very moment though, the seas are dead-flat calm and there are absolutely no boats at all on the horizon:
http://www.co.palm-beach.fl.us/webcams/bocainlet/dig001.jpg
The Lady Go is an ok boat - Pavan is a great guy. I would still go with Parrot Island Scuba though - Jerry is literally five minutes from the ocean right there at Hillsboro Inlet.

Yesterday (8/30/05) was the first time the Lady Go Diver went out in six days. We dove the Ancient Mariner wreck and the Boca Artificial reef. Visibility was in the 20-25 ft. range and there was a bit of current.

I liked the boat. The captain and the DM were great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom