headin' to California ... May 18-22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NWGratefulDiver:
It was great meeting you and Janeane ... as well as Adobo and all the others on Saturday.

The camera housing is working just fine again ... as is the Salvo. Both seemed to want to take a vacation during our dives on Saturday. I took the camera out of the housing between dives, and it worked just fine after I put it back in again. I think the shutter button on the housing just got "off kilter" somehow, and doing that "reset" it.

The Salvo wouldn't work at all on Saturday ... couldn't make it fire. Fortunately, with that vis I didn't need it. Got it back to Drew's place, cleaned everything up, and figured I'd try it again. Fired right up. Worked perfectly tonight as well (up here I really do need it ... at 100 fsw, it's always a night dive).

I guess the light figured I was on vacation ... it might as well be too ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

It was great to finally meet you too, and I'm glad to hear the light and camera are doing well. Gear issues can ruin a perfectly good dive day, but fortunately things worked out in the end.

~ Jason

TSandM:
Well, Jason, put some blister bandages over the end of those tender fingers . . .

Now that my buddy has "tested the waters" (so to speak), I figure it's safe for me and my husband to make our road trip to the Bay Area in October. I hope you'll all turn out for us, too!

We'll have to play October by ear. Emma should be born the middle to end of September if everything goes as planned (it never does), and she'll be setting the pace for us. We may not be able to dive with you and Peter, but we'll definitely see about heading down for lunch or dinner while you're in town.

If nothing else, we owe Richard and Melody a visit after canceling our plans for this June, and may be up your way next summer.

~ Jason

Lynne-If Jason is a little "busy"... thats an understatement...!Id be happy to show you guys a dive site or two...Well have another extavaganza and round up the troops!

Got a camera and light I can use...?:wink:

If it's in October, I might decide to join y'all ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Too darn cool! We seem to have troubles getting breaks in our schedules to meet and dive together (well, some of us) but as soon as someone from out of the area comes to visit, we all jump at the chance! I love it.

It is that way above water also. Many people in this area only visit the tourist sites in SF when friends come to visit from outside the area. So more people need to visit!

No promises about October, but I will keep my ears open for announcements about visits. I hope that I will be able to join in, but I am usually pretty busy around Halloween . . . .

Wristshot

Here's the photo show from the trip. About 10 of these pics are Drew's (including the cabezon and the "kissing rockfish") ... considering these were his first dives with a camera, he did pretty darn well ...

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/Xc2yV3hU

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Oh, I see what you were saying about the COLORS! Those blue worms (or what were they?) are spectacular, and so are the starfish with the iridescent blue dots.

It'll be mid-October when we're there -- the meeting we're going down for is the 14th though the 19th, but we won't be attending all of the days (I don't have to be at the convention at all, actually . . . ) And we may well come down early to have the weekend there. Bob, up for a road trip then?

Hopefully, that will be a month post-partum, and Janeane will be champing at the bit to get back in the water!

Back
Top Bottom