headin' to California ... May 18-22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Well, at the invitation of Drewpy and Kristin, I'm heading down for my first-ever diving in California this month ... I'll be arriving at Oakland airport Thursday evening, May 18th and heading back to Seattle on Monday morning, May 22nd.

I'm relying on Drew to make our diving plans ... but I would love to meet some of you California folks while I'm in the neighborhood ... either for diving or socially.

April was a doozy month for me ... in addition to my full-time job, I also taught two AOW classes, two OW classes, and a Nitrox class. Got one more AOW class starting Thursday night ... then I'm taking a few weeks off from scuba instruction to enjoy myself. This trip is something I'm really looking forward to ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Have fun diving, sorry I won't be able to dive, will be in Mexico, but you'll be in some good company with Drew.

Hi Bob,

Do you have plans for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday already?

It looks like Pt. Lobos has spots open on Friday, 5/19. If you're able to dive that day, go there. It's a great location, and because it's on a Friday (mid week), you're bound to have 40' to 100' viz (or at least it seems that way from Chris's trip reports). There are a few people that regularly do mid week dives, so you shouldn't have a problem finding dive buddies if you don't already have something planned. Getting a few X-scooters together for a Friday dive at Lobos would be incredible.

Janeane and I would love to meet you, and we could easily swing something for that Saturday. We'll keep our plans flexible, and if nothing else, we can drop by to say hi.

Let me know when your plans start to take shape, and we'll see if we can work something out.

Are you planning on doing doubles or singles when you come down? I have an extra set of double E-7 100s you could use for your dives. Let me know if you want them.

~ Jason

Thanks Jason ... I'll be in touch as plans firm up. I'd enjoy meeting you and Janeane too. Plans just came together rather quickly ... I booked the air fare yesterday.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I have a reservation for us to dive Pt Lobos on Friday!
Anyone is welcome to join us that day and saturday as well! I was thinking of doing at least one dive at Monastery...?
Jason(& Janeane) feel free to join us....I owe you a beer from the DIR demo day!

Mark,Chris,Dan.DOH,Ben,Ishie,Monkey KF,Wristshot,Humma,Ishie , and everyone else I forgot...lets all get together for some fun and diving!Lets show Bob a good time!

Bob- I have a couple of pst-100s for you, that David was nice enough to let us use!

Bob,

I will be watching this space with interest . . .

Wristshot

Hello Bob!

I am in Calif. (near S.F.) now. I stayed there almost two weeks. I would take you to Monterey Bay but I will leave for Seattle on Friday 5th. sorry, Hope you will have good time dive. I may go diving in WA. next week.

See you soon,
Bob

I hear my 100's are being volunteered for you dives, be careful, you don't know where they've been. :wink:

Hi Bob,

Welcome to our neck of the woods. I'll be diving in Monterey that weekend as well. I do highly recommend Pt. Lobos, but there are several other great places as well. Let me know where you're going to be and we can hit one of them or I can at least say hi.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom