Headed to Cozumel....again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're only diving in the morning, pack a snorkel. We stayed at Sabor several years ago and I enjoyed snorkeling from the beach. There's some stuff to see near the "shark" and there is construction refuse like concrete slabs going north toward the concrete pier.

Water temps were 81 - 83 this week. I wore a 3mm full all week, mostly because I forgot to pack my 1.5. The 3 was not necessary, but not uncomfortable on the surface intervals.

In winter months, we bring boat coats. Best way to stay warm on the surface. Water often feels warmer than the air and getting back in for dive 2 is a relief
A boat coat can be a really nice thing to have when the humidity drops as northern fronts come near or it rains. The ride back can be very cold if you do not have something to break the wind. If tight on space I have found that a microfiber travel towel rolls up very small in my dry bag and makes a great wrap for the ride home and they also dry quickly.
Lots of them out there like this one.

A boat coat can be a really nice thing to have when the humidity drops as northern fronts come near or it rains. The ride back can be very cold if you do not have something to break the wind. If tight on space I have found that a microfiber travel towel rolls up very small in my dry bag and makes a great wrap for the ride home and they also dry quickly.
Lots of them out there like this one.

Aldora Divers provide them for all divers on the boat when needed. I don't own the dive shop any longer but i recognized that in the early nineties and it is still the policy. I do still own the Villa Aldora and that keeps active enough.

Dave Dillehay
ALDORAVILLA.C
OM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom