Headaches and Shoulder Aches - exertion or DCI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You mean get physically fit? :wink:
She's much more polite than I. :eyebrow:

You don't sound like a couch potato tho, but still - you didn't give your size. I'm 6' x 215# and okay shape for my age so a heavy rig doesn't hurt me even when I add a 19 cf pony and reg then walk across the parking lot to the steps. If you're a small guy...?

Hehe, I thot about you last night. Could not get to sleep, finally noticed that I had a dull soreness in my arm. Had I been diving that day, I would have been concerned, but I'd just been waving a spray gun from the open air buggy I've been running thru fields for almost two months. Yesterday was a bit more vigorous tho, so I guess I pushed a threshold?

Maybe yours is nothing other than not being accustomed to using those muscles in exactly that way. good luck...!

Hehe, I thot about you last night.
Erm..... I'm married :D
To answer your qn, I'm 5"11, 170lbs.
Thanks for your replies, yeah, I think maybe its just strain. Pop the analgesics and enjoy the weekend's dive :)
But thanks to all for helping me feel more at ease about my symptoms!

Sockeye, I have to agree with TSandM. I had small headaches after dives, even with I used nitrox 32, 34 or 36. So, after reading some of the posts about headaches, the next dive out I focused on breathing deep, and exhaling deep. Not shallow breathing either way. Guess what? No headache. Not since, either. You must tell yourself when you are down to breath slowly and deeply. TSandM says it all and so does Dr. Deco, and from more experienced divers than myself. As for the shoulders, no comment from me there. I get migraines, so I understand headaches, but my headaches after diving were not a migraine. And now, I am doing well. I stopped drinking all sodas and never drink caffienated beverages. I drink gatorade or other beverages for athletes. I begin hydrating the day before a dive (I wear a drysuit) and taper off just before my dive. Then begin the heavy hydration process after I am out of the water. Practice deep and slow breathing. Watch your consumption rate as mentioned. Keep us posted okay!!??

Back
Top Bottom